The Texas Rangers will be squaring off against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. Fox Sports Southwest will be televising this interleague showdown and the game gets underway at 10:10 p.m. ET.
Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Dodgers Odds
Texas (+165) is entering this one as the underdog to Los Angeles (-175) and oddsmakers have put the Over/Under for this night game at 7.5 runs. Odds for betting on the game’s total stand at -110 for both the over and the under. The game’s current runline odds sit at -135 for taking the Rangers +1.5 runs and +115 for the Dodgers -1.5.
The Dodgers are 34-32 SU and 29-36 ATS. The team has lost 19.8 units for moneyline bettors and 7.3 units against the spread (ATS). Los Angeles has a – ATS mark over its last seven games and the . The Rangers have gone 27-42 SU this year and are 30-38 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 4.3 units for gamblers taking the moneyline and 14.0 units ATS. Texas is – ATS over its last seven games and the .
Dodgers games have an over/under record of 35-28-2 so far in 2018. Texas has an over/under record of 31-32-5.
Southpaw Cole Hamels is the projected starter for the visiting Rangers. Hamels is 3-6 with a 3.86 ERA and 79 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Dodgers this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Dodgers are putting the ball in the hands of righty Kenta Maeda (4-4, 3.61 ERA), who has 68 strikeouts and 18 walks, as well as a 1.28 WHIP. Maeda did not record a start against the Rangers in 2017.
Los Angeles’ pitchers have allowed 4.1 runs per game overall this season as a unit. Its starters have a 3.51 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.97 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 8.9 K/9.
The Los Angeles offense is putting up 4.9 runs per outing, including 8.4 per game over its last 10 games and 7.4 per game over its last five. The team has slashed .312/.374/.665 over its last five games and is 4-1 SU during that span.
Outfielders Matt Kemp and Chris Taylor have led the Dodgers’ batters this year. Kemp is slashing .333/.366/.556 with 10 home runs, 41 RBIs and 30 runs scored, while Taylor’s line is .253/.341/.451 with eight homers, 27 RBIs and 45 runs.
For the visitors, Texas’ pitchers have allowed 5.3 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 5.62 ERA, 1.48 WHIP and 6.85 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.69, along with a WHIP of 1.48.
Rangers hitters have slashed .230/.314/.392 on their way to 4.2 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.9 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.0 per game over the team’s last five contests (0-5 SU).
Shin-soo Choo and Nomar Mazara continue to lead Texas’ offense. Choo is slashing .273/.379/.465 with 12 home runs, 30 RBIs and 41 runs scored, while Mazara (.265/.335/.494) has produced 14 homers, 42 RBIs and 37 runs scored.
Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Rangers, O/U – UNDER
The Dodgers have won four of their last five games SU.
Texas has recorded 18.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 20.8 over its last five.
The Rangers have hit 12 home runs in their last 10 games. The Dodgers have hit 29 over their last 10.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019