Texas Rangers vs. San Diego Padres Odds
Texas (+110) is hosting this game as the underdog against San Diego (-120) and oddsmakers have set the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs (-110 for both the over and the under). You can also bet on the game’s runline with the most recent odds standing at -190 for the Rangers +1.5 runs and +165 for the Padres -1.5.
The Padres are 59-88 straight up (SU) and 71-76 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 11.3 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 27.4 units (ATS). The Rangers, on the other hand, are 62-84 SU and have gone 71-75 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 6.7 units for moneyline gamblers and 8.8 units ATS.
Neither team has been a strong over/under play this year. Padres games have a 70-72-5 over/under record in 2018. Texas has an over/under record of 69-67-10.
The right-handed Connor Sadzeck will get the start for the visiting Rangers. Sadzeck (0-0, 0.00 ERA) has racked up two strikeouts in 3.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Padres this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Padres are handing the ball to lefty Robbie Erlin (3-6, 4.42 ERA), who’s got 75 strikeouts and 10 walks, as well as a WHIP of 1.14. Erlin is 0-0 with three strikeouts and a 3.86 ERA against Texas this year.
Texas’ pitching staff allowed 5.3 runs per game and its starters own a 5.45 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 6.29 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 4.33, along with a WHIP of 1.44 and a K/9 of 8.25.
The Rangers offense has slashed .242/.324/.409 on its way to 4.7 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.5 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 3.0 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
Texas’ hitters have been paced by Shin-soo Choo and Jurickson Profar, who collectively have swatted 37 home runs. Choo is slashing .273/.385/.453 with 21 home runs, 61 RBIs and 80 runs scored. Profar is hitting .252 with 16 homers, 70 RBIs and 74 runs scored.
For the home team, San Diego’s pitchers have allowed 4.8 runs per game overall this year. Its starting pitching staff has an ERA of 5.17, a WHIP of 1.47 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.3. The bullpen has a 3.51 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 10.1 K/9.
San Diego’s hitters have produced 3.8 runs per contest, including 3.9 per game over its last 10 games and 4.4 per game over their last five. The team has a slash-line of .250/.300/.452 over its last five contests and is 3-2 SU during that span.
First baseman Eric Hosmer and shortstop Freddy Galvis have led the charge for the Padres’ offense this year. Hosmer is hitting .251/.315/.398 with 16 home runs, 62 RBIs and 68 runs scored, while Galvis has put up a line of .232/.287/.353 with 11 homers, 60 RBIs and 51 runs.
The Rangers have lost 4.9 units and are 21-26 ATS when facing a lefty starter this season. The over has hit in 24 of those games, compared to 18 that’ve gone under against right-handed starting pitchers.
Texas Rangers at San Diego Padres Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Padres, ATS Winner – Rangers, O/U – UNDER
The under has hit in just two of Texas’ last seven games.
The Rangers have dropped six of their last seven games SU.
The Texas defense has allowed 10 errors over the last 10 games, compared to four errors for San Diego over its last 10.
Each team has hit 15 home runs over its last 10 games.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019