Texas Rangers at Chicago White Sox Odds
The Rangers are 18-28 SU and have gone 18-26 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 2.9 units for bettors taking the moneyline in this young season and 11.8 units ATS. Texas is 3-4 ATS over its last seven games and the under has hit in four of those seven. The White Sox, on the other hand, are 11-30 SU and 19-20 ATS. The team’s lost 16.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 5.3 units ATS. Chicago has a 3-4 ATS record over its last seven outings and the total has gone over in four of those seven.
White Sox games have a 19-18-2 over/under record so far in 2018. Texas has an over/under record of 22-19-3.
Ariel Jurado will get the nod for Texas. The right-handed Jurado is 0-0 with an ERA. He has yet to face the White Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The White Sox are putting the ball in the hands of righty Lucas Giolito (2-4, 6.91 ERA), who has 24 punchouts and 32 walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 1.66. Giolito did not record a start against the Rangers in 2017.
Texas’ pitching staff allowed 5.3 runs per game and its starters own a 5.07 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 7.20 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.12, along with a WHIP of 1.45 and a K-per-9 of 8.24.
Rangers hitters have slashed .230/.303/.386 on their way to 4.1 runs scored per game this season, including 4.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 5.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (2-3 SU).
Right fielder Nomar Mazara and first baseman Joey Gallo have led Texas’ offense. Mazara is hitting .283/.340/.514 with 10 home runs, 27 RBIs and 26 runs scored, while Gallo has a .207 average with 13 homers, 30 RBIs and 25 runs scored.
Mazara did not do especially well on the road last season. Across 301 plate appearances, he put up a slash line of .206/.276/.360 (compared to his total season line of .253/.323/.422).
For the home team, Chicago’s pitching staff has yielded 5.8 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starters have a 6.06 ERA, 1.54 WHIP and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.54 ERA, 1.56 WHIP and 9.3 K/9.
The Chicago hitters have produced 3.9 runs per outing, including 3.6 per game over its last 10 games and 3.2 per game over their last five. The team has hit .231/.286/.331 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that span.
Trayce Thompson and Matt Davidson have paced the White Sox hitters so far. Thompson is hitting .107/.138/.286 with six hits, three RBIs and nine runs scored, while Davidson’s line sits at .246/.374/.556 with 11 homers, 27 RBIs and 18 runs.
The Rangers have gained 0.5 units and are 14-17 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over’s hit in 15 of those games, compared to 15 that’ve gone under against right-handed starting pitchers.
Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox Free MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – White Sox, ATS Winner – Rangers, O/U – OVER
The Texas defense has allowed 13 errors over the last 10 games, compared to six errors for Chicago over its last 10.
Each team has hit eight home runs over its last 10 games.
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018
- Houston Astros at Boston Red Sox Free Pick 10/13/18 - October 13, 2018
- Buffalo Sabres at Arizona Coyotes Matchup 10/13/18 - October 13, 2018
- St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks Free Preview 10/13/18 - October 13, 2018
- Calgary Flames vs. Colorado Avalanche Free Pick 10/13/18 - October 13, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks at Dallas Stars Matchup Preview 10/13/18 - October 13, 2018