Texas Rangers at Chicago White Sox Odds
The Rangers are 18-28 SU and have gone 18-26 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 2.9 units for bettors taking the moneyline in this young season and 11.8 units ATS. Texas is 3-4 ATS over its last seven games and the under has hit in four of those seven. The White Sox, on the other hand, are 11-30 SU and 19-20 ATS. The team’s lost 16.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 5.3 units ATS. Chicago has a 3-4 ATS record over its last seven outings and the total has gone over in four of those seven.
White Sox games have a 19-18-2 over/under record so far in 2018. Texas has an over/under record of 22-19-3.
Ariel Jurado will get the nod for Texas. The right-handed Jurado is 0-0 with an ERA. He has yet to face the White Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The White Sox are putting the ball in the hands of righty Lucas Giolito (2-4, 6.91 ERA), who has 24 punchouts and 32 walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 1.66. Giolito did not record a start against the Rangers in 2017.
Texas’ pitching staff allowed 5.3 runs per game and its starters own a 5.07 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 7.20 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.12, along with a WHIP of 1.45 and a K-per-9 of 8.24.
Rangers hitters have slashed .230/.303/.386 on their way to 4.1 runs scored per game this season, including 4.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 5.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (2-3 SU).
Right fielder Nomar Mazara and first baseman Joey Gallo have led Texas’ offense. Mazara is hitting .283/.340/.514 with 10 home runs, 27 RBIs and 26 runs scored, while Gallo has a .207 average with 13 homers, 30 RBIs and 25 runs scored.
Mazara did not do especially well on the road last season. Across 301 plate appearances, he put up a slash line of .206/.276/.360 (compared to his total season line of .253/.323/.422).
For the home team, Chicago’s pitching staff has yielded 5.8 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starters have a 6.06 ERA, 1.54 WHIP and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.54 ERA, 1.56 WHIP and 9.3 K/9.
The Chicago hitters have produced 3.9 runs per outing, including 3.6 per game over its last 10 games and 3.2 per game over their last five. The team has hit .231/.286/.331 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that span.
Trayce Thompson and Matt Davidson have paced the White Sox hitters so far. Thompson is hitting .107/.138/.286 with six hits, three RBIs and nine runs scored, while Davidson’s line sits at .246/.374/.556 with 11 homers, 27 RBIs and 18 runs.
The Rangers have gained 0.5 units and are 14-17 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over’s hit in 15 of those games, compared to 15 that’ve gone under against right-handed starting pitchers.
Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox Free MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – White Sox, ATS Winner – Rangers, O/U – OVER
The Texas defense has allowed 13 errors over the last 10 games, compared to six errors for Chicago over its last 10.
Each team has hit eight home runs over its last 10 games.
- New York Mets vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs Free Preview 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Cleveland Indians at Cincinnati Reds Matchup 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers Free Preview 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Colorado Rockies at Houston Astros Betting Preview 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays at Kansas City Royals Free Preview 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Minnesota Twins Free Preview 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees Free Pick 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics Free Pick 08/14/18 - August 14, 2018