Heavyweight Aftermath – In this 60th edition of the TalknShoot Boxing Podcast we look back at March of 2018 in the Heavyweight Division. It was a banner month for the big boys as all four major world titles were contested in the month.
First, we look back at WBC world heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder’s successful title defense against Cuba’s Luis Ortiz. The feared Ortiz entered the fight undefeated and he appeared to bank several early rounds. In the seventh, Ortiz hurt Wilder and he went “all in” trying to take out Wilder. Wilder showed he could survive a storm and from there, he hunted down a tired Ortiz. Wilder backed up all his talk when he stopped Ortiz in the tenth.
The win leaves Wilder at a perfect 40-0, with 39 of those wins coming by KO. The win was the perfect set up for Wilder to call for a title unification bout.
And Wilder’s preferred next opponent also took the heavyweight spotlight in MArch. Fast forward to the end of the month when the IBF, WBA and WBO world titles were at play between Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker.
Heavyweight Aftermath / Check out all the boxing news and features at The Sweet Science.
- Pacquiao vs Matthysse Odds Are Here - July 12, 2018
- Bellator 202 Odds For Friday’s Fights - July 12, 2018
- WWE Extreme Rules Odds for Sunday - July 12, 2018
- Prograis vs Velasco Odds For Saturday - July 11, 2018
- NCAA Basketball 2018-2019 Odds - July 10, 2018
- Cormier Drops n Stops Miocic – UFC 226 Results - July 8, 2018
- UFC 226 Undercard Odds For Saturday - July 6, 2018
- First Look at Ortiz vs Liddell 3 Odds - July 6, 2018
- UFC 226 Odds For The Main Card - July 5, 2018
- ESPN BOXING ODDS July 7 - July 5, 2018