The Central Michigan Chippewas (12-4, 1-2 MAC) will try to lengthen their nine-game home winning streak in a matchup against the Toledo Rockets (10-6, 2-1 MAC) at McGuirk Arena. The game starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Toledo Rockets at Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Prediction
In the Rockets’ last contest, they dismantled the Western Michigan Broncos, 84-61. Toledo’s 0.362 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Western Michigan, who had a mark of 0.157. The Rockets’ mark was above their season average of 0.260, while the Broncos’ was below their season average of 0.241. Toledo received a boost from Tre’Shaun Fletcher, who was the team’s leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting.
The Chippewas fell to the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last contest, 79-74. Eastern Michigan’s 0.595 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Central Michigan, who had a mark of 0.500. The Eagles’ mark was above their season average of 0.525. Cecil Williams had a good game for Central Michigan, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting.
The productive offense of Central Michigan will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Toledo. The Chippewas currently rank 63rd in offensive efficiency, while the Rockets are 273rd in defensive efficiency. The Chippewas should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Jaelan Sanford has averaged 18.8 points and 1.6 steals over the last five games for Toledo.
After splitting two games last season, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. In the last game, the Rockets won 87-66. The Rockets had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 5.7) and had a much better turnover percentage (13.2 vs. 19.6).
Toledo Rockets at Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
Toledo averages 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 83rd in the NCAA. Central Michigan ranks 230th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
The Chippewas average 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 81st in the nation. The Rockets rank 144th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
Central Michigan averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. Toledo ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 2.8 for the season.
During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average).
- Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Preview 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Washington Nationals at San Francisco Giants Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Philadelphia Phillies Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Miami Marlins at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Houston Astros Free Pick 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Kansas City Royals Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- San Diego Padres vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Free Pick 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018
- Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers Matchup 04/24/18 - April 24, 2018