Rob Gronkowski announced his retirement from the NFL on Sunday and on Monday afternoon, the former New England Patriots tight end confirmed that decision on his social media accounts. He thanked Mr. Kraft and Bill Belichick and expressed his gratitude for the opportunity they gave him.
I will be retiring from the game of football today. I am so grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick gave to me when drafting my silliness in 2010. My life experiences, relationships and championships over the last 9 years have been amazing! pic.twitter.com/DAMM9wMVxb
— Rob Gronkowski (@RobGronkowski) March 25, 2019
Adam Gase shares his opinion on Gronkowski’s departure
One of the leading NFL insiders, Adam Schefter, had an interesting chat with New York Jets head coach Adam Gase as the pair discussed Gronkowki’s retirement and Le’Veon Bell’s arrival. Schefter shared the story on Twitter and you can listen to the details here:
Breaking down the impact of Rob Gronkowski's retirement with @FieldYates.
Jets HC Adam Gase discusses the departure of Gronk and the arrival of Le'Veon Bell.
And Bills GM Brandon Beane on Buffalo's active offseason and the AB deal that wasn't.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 25, 2019
Shams Charania’s conversation with Dwyane Wade
The Senior NBA insider for The Athletic and Stadium, Shams Charania, interviewed Dwyane Wade and they spoke about LeBron James’ first season with the Lakers, why he thought about retiring years ago and the Miami Heat. Wade said that he could easily play two or three years more but he likes the idea of walking away in this manner.
Dwyane Wade: "I can play another two, three years, definitely. I wanted to walk away the way I’m walking away now." @TheAthleticNBA sit-down on his final season, extending career after considering retiring, LeBron, Heat Big 3 seasons and more. https://t.co/QN31Eixha1
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 25, 2019
The NFL announces opening game of next season
On Monday afternoon, the NFL announced that the Green Bay Packers will open the league’s 100th season on the road against the Chicago Bears on Thursday, Sept. 5, 2019. The NFC North showdown will be the 199th meeting between the rivals.
Bleacher Report had their own say on Gronkowski’s retirement
Bleacher Report pretty much summed up the New England Patriots fans’ feelings following Gronkowski’s retirement. I am sure the Pats fans will not be happy to see this but it’s hilarious for the rest of us.
Pats fans waking up realizing Gronk really retired pic.twitter.com/NcOJHZgyec
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 25, 2019
- Top Posts from Sebastian Aho, the Boston Bruins and More - April 25, 2019
- Top Posts from Montrezl Harrell, Lou Williams and More - April 25, 2019
- Kings and NBA to Launch Investigation, LeBron and Curry Lead Jersey Sales and More - April 25, 2019
- Lillard knocks out the Thunder, Lowry injured his finger and More - April 24, 2019
- Top Posts from Damian Lillard, Shams Charania and More - April 24, 2019
- Top Posts from the San Jose Sharks, Artemi Panarin and More - April 24, 2019
- Suns Part Ways with Kokoskov, Walton Accused of Sexual Assault and More - April 23, 2019
- Top Posts from the Dallas Stars, Justin Williams and More - April 23, 2019
- Top Posts from Shaquille O’Neal, Giannis Antetokounmpo and More - April 23, 2019
- Avenatti Accused of Embezzling, Celtics Sweep the Pacers and More - April 22, 2019