The Houston Cougars (18-5, 8-3 AAC) welcome the Tulane Green Wave (13-10, 4-7 AAC) to Health & PE Center as they try to prolong their 10-game home winning streak. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Houston Cougars ATS Prediction
In the Green Wave’s last outing, they were topped by the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 91-89. Getting to the free throw line was one of Tulsa’s biggest strengths. They made 40 trips to the line, while Tulane went 25 times. Tulane’s Cameron Reynolds played well, finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
The Cougars were victorious over the SMU Mustangs in their last outing, 67-58. The Cougars held the Mustangs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 33.5). The Mustangs had a free throw rate of 0.118 (below their season average of 0.220). Armoni Brooks was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-9 shooting.
Houston figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Cougars rank 49th in offensive efficiency, while the Green Wave rank 193rd in defensive efficiency.
Tulane holds records of 13-10 straight up (SU) and 8-10 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Green Wave games, with an even split between overs and unders.
Meanwhile, Houston owns records of 18-5 SU and 10-9 ATS. Vegas tends to set the total high when the Cougars are involved, as 57.9 percent of their games have finished under the projected point total.
Corey Davis Jr. has averaged 16.4 points and 1.4 steals over the last five games for Houston.
This will be the second game of the season between these two teams. Rob Gray led both teams with 24 points in the first matchup, in which the Cougars lost 81-72, unable to cover as 7-point favorites. The game finished with a total of 153 points, which was just 3 points above the projected point total of 150 points. One of Tulane’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 32 trips to the line, while Houston went 22 times.
Tulane Green Wave at Houston Cougars Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Under
On the road, Tulane is 5-5 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
Houston is 5-2 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
Houston averages 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. Tulane ranks 216th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
The Green Wave rank 38th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Cougars rank 119th (3.3).
Houston ranks 121st in steals per game (6.3) while Tulane ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
The Green Wave rank 44th in assists per game (16.1) while the Cougars rank 93rd (14.9).
In their last five games, Tulane is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
Houston is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games.
The Green Wave have been outscored by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Tulane has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (5.6 below their season average).
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Little Rock Trojans Odds Preview 02/24/18 - February 24, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. Chicago Blackhawks Game Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. New York Rangers Betting Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets Betting Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Carolina Hurricanes Free Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Winnipeg Jets at St. Louis Blues Free Pick 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights Game Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Marist Red Foxes at Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018