The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (16-10, 9-5 AAC) will attempt to continue their five-game winning streak against the UCF Knights (17-9, 8-6 AAC) at Donald Reynolds Center. The game will air on ESPNews at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 128.5 points with Tulsa set as a 1.5-point favorite.
UCF Knights vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Prediction
The Knights will be hoping for a similar result after topping the SMU Mustangs in their last contest, 52-37. UCF held the Mustangs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.279 (below their season average of 0.533). SMU, meanwhile, held the Knights to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 30.0). UCF received a boost from A.J. Davis, who was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting.
In the Golden Hurricane’s last game, they beat the South Florida Bulls, 73-61. The Golden Hurricane held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 28.6). The Bulls also had a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above the 14.6 mark opponents have averaged against Tulsa this season). With 11 points, nine rebounds and five assists, Tulsa’s Junior Etou played well.
Tulsa does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 10th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.306), but UCF is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 30th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.189).
UCF comes into the game with records of 17-9 straight up (SU) and 13-8 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring the Knights tend to go under the O/U total (66.7 percent).
Meanwhile, Tulsa owns records of 16-10 SU and 14-9 ATS. Contrary to UCF, games involving the Golden Hurricane have a tendency to go over the O/U total (56.5 percent).
Etou has averaged 17.2 points and 10.6 rebounds over the last five games for Tulsa.
After splitting two games last season, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Knights won the most recent game 71-53. The Knights had a much better free throw rate (0.318 vs. 0.175) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.648 vs. 0.377).
UCF Knights vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Under
UCF is 6-5 ATS on the road with 8 unders and 3 overs.
Tulsa is 6-4 ATS at home with 6 overs and 4 unders.
UCF ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Tulsa ranks 290th (27.3).
The Knights average 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 119th in the nation. The Golden Hurricane rank 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
UCF averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 89th in the NCAA. Tulsa ranks 159th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
The Golden Hurricane rank 223rd in assists per game (12.2) while the Knights rank 261st (11.0).
UCF ranks 191st in steals per game (5.3) while Tulsa ranks 226th (4.6).
In their last five games, UCF is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
Tulsa is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games.
The Knights have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, UCF has defeated opponents by an average of 2.7 points.
During their last five games, the Golden Hurricane have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (3.6 below their season average).
- Jacksonville Dolphins at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Dartmouth Big Green at Albany Great Danes Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Akron Zips Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Eastern Illinois Panthers at Bradley Braves ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Nicholls Colonels vs. Boston University Terriers Odds Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Youngstown State Penguins at Binghamton Bearcats ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Manhattan Jaspers vs. Connecticut Huskies Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marist Red Foxes vs. Colgate Raiders Free Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Citadel Bulldogs Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018