The Vancouver Canucks, fueled by Elias Pettersson and Bo Horvat, are ready to take the ice against Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak, the Boston Bruins at TD Garden in a cross-continent showdown. Sportsnet Pacific will air the game, and the puck drops at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 8.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins Odds
Vancouver (+205) is currently the underdog to Boston (-245), and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals (-125 money on the under, +105 on the over).
Vancouver is 9-7 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 8.0 units this year. Nine of its matches have gone under the total, while seven have gone over and none have pushed. The Nucks are 4-5 SU on the road in 2018-19.
Vancouver has converted on 19.1 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 16th out of 31 teams, and the team’s successfully killed off 81.0 percent of its penalties..
With a .902 save percentage and 29.6 saves per game, Jacob Markstrom (6-4-1) has been the top option in goal for Vancouver this year. If Vancouver chooses to rest him, however, they may roll with Anders Nilsson (3-3 record, .912 save percentage, 2.67 goals against average).
Boston is 8-6 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 0.5 units this year. Through 14 regular season matches, 10 of its games have gone under the total, while four have gone over and none have pushed. So far this year, the team is 5-1 SU as the home team.
The Bruins have converted on 29.5 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that places it in the top-5 among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 18th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.5 percent of all opponent power plays.
Jaroslav Halak has stopped 27.4 shots per game as the primary netminder in the crease for the Bruins. Halak has four wins, four losses, and two OT losses and has registered a .952 save percentage and an outstanding 1.45 goals against average this year.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins Betting Predictions
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Bruins, O/U – Over
After registering a 0-5 record in games decided by a shootout last year, the Canucks are off to a 1-1 start in shootouts this season. The Bruins went 3-3 in shootouts last year and has yet to participate in one this time around.
The under has hit in each of Boston’s last five games.
After averaging the ninth-most shots in the league last season (32.8 per game), Boston’s attempted 30.0 shots per contest overall this season, and 32.8 in their last five home outings.
Vancouver skaters have accounted for the seventh-most hits in the league (23.4 per game).
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Akron Zips Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Wichita State Shockers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019