Offense meets defense when the Virginia Tech Hokies (13-4, 2-2 ACC) head to Louisville to take on the Cardinals (12-4, 2-1 ACC). The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Louisville Cardinals Betting Prediction
The last time the Hokies played, they topped the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 83-75. The Hokies knocked down 13 of their 16 free throws (81.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.614 (above their season average of 0.599). With 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Ahmed Hill was the game’s high scorer.
The Cardinals beat the No. 23 Florida State Seminoles in their last game, 73-69. The Cardinals had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 14.9), while the Seminoles had a free throw rate of 0.138 (below their season average of 0.215). Deng Adel was Louisville’s leading scorer with 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting.
Virginia Tech could have a tough time creating turnovers. Louisville ranks 66th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Virginia Tech forces the 97th-fewest turnovers (18.1 percent). Also, the 19th-ranked offense of the Hokies (offensive efficiency of 118.1) will clash against the 26th-ranked defense of the Cardinals (defensive efficiency of 93.4).
Raymond Spalding has averaged 13.2 points, 9.4 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 1.2 blocks over the last five games for Louisville.
After the Cardinals won the lone game against the Hokies last season, 94-90, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Louisville had a much better turnover percentage (3.9 vs. 13.6). Virginia Tech, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent).
Virginia Tech Hokies at Louisville Cardinals Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Under
Virginia Tech ranks 16th in assists per game (17.8) while Louisville ranks 157th (13.2).
The Cardinals rank 28th in rebounds per game (40.3) while the Hokies rank 162nd (35.5).
Louisville ranks second in blocks per game (7.7) while Virginia Tech ranks 132nd (2.9).
The Hokies rank 50th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Cardinals rank 89th (6.3).
Louisville ranks 157th in three pointers attempted per game (21.6) while Virginia Tech ranks 176th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
The Hokies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 15.1 for the season.
During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Texas Rangers vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018