The No. 7 Duke Blue Devils (14-2, 2-2 ACC) can lengthen a nine-game home winning streak when they meet the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (8-8, 1-3 ACC) at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The game is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Duke Blue Devils Betting Prediction
In the Demon Deacons’ last game, they were topped by the Virginia Tech Hokies, 83-75. One of Virginia Tech’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-16 (81.3 percent), while the Demon Deacons were just 4-7 (57.1 percent). Wake Forest’s Doral Moore put together a solid performance, putting up 12 points and 13 rebounds.
The Blue Devils won big over the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last matchup, 87-52. The Blue Devils had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 13.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.571). Marvin Bagley III was Duke’s high scorer with 16 points on 7-for-16 shooting.
The prolific offense of Duke will square off against the mid-tier defense of Wake Forest. The Blue Devils rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Demon Deacons are 247th in defensive efficiency. The Blue Devils should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Gary Trent Jr. has averaged 15.6 points and 2.0 steals over the last five games for Duke.
After the Blue Devils won both meetings against the Demon Deacons last season, these teams will go head-to-head for the first time this year. In the most recent contest, Duke won 99-94. Duke was lights out from beyond the arc (13-27; 48.1 percent). Wake Forest, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (4.8 vs. 9.3).
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Duke Blue Devils Betting Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Wake Forest, ATS Winner – Wake Forest, O/U – Under
Duke averages 20.1 assists per game, which ranks second in the NCAA. Wake Forest ranks 169th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
The Blue Devils rank second in rebounds per game (44.1) while the Demon Deacons rank 126th (36.5).
Duke ranks 133rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Wake Forest ranks 211th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
The Blue Devils rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Demon Deacons rank 85th (6.2).
Duke ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.6) while Wake Forest ranks 84th (3.7).
The Demon Deacons have been outscored by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Wake Forest has defeated opponents by an average of 3.8 points.
During their last five games, the Blue Devils have scored an average of 92.0 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average).
- Sacramento Kings vs. Memphis Grizzlies Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Phoenix Suns at Denver Nuggets Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- New York Knicks vs. Utah Jazz Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Lakers Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Manhattan Jaspers Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Toronto Raptors Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Davidson Wildcats Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Iona Gaels at Monmouth Hawks Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018