Washington Nationals vs. Chicago Cubs Odds
The Nationals have gone 59-55 SU this year and are 56-60 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 19.9 units for moneyline bettors and 5.8 units ATS. The Cubs, on the other hand, are 66-48 SU and 58-57 ATS. They’ve gained 0.6 units for moneyline bettors and 0.6 units ATS.
Cubs games have an over/under record of 52-60-3 in 2018. Nationals games have gone under 66 times, gone over 47 times and pushed on three occasions.
As a unit, Chicago’s pitchers have yielded 4.1 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starters have an ERA of 4.11, a WHIP of 1.38 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.5. The bullpen has a 3.38 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 8.8 K/9.
Chicago’s offense has put up 5.0 runs per contest, including 4.3 per game over its last 10 games and 3.8 per game over its last five. The team has slashed .263/.324/.419 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
Javier Baez has helped lead the Cubs’ offense this year with 25 home runs, 88 RBIs, 72 runs and 19 stolen bases.
In the other dugout, Washington’s pitchers have allowed 4.0 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.86 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 9.06 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.70, along with a WHIP of 1.21.
Nationals hitters have slashed .250/.332/.415 on their way to 4.6 runs scored per game this season, including 6.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.0 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Washington’s hitters have been led by Trea Turner. Turner is slashing .273/.346/.417 with 14 home runs, 48 RBIs, 69 runs and 31 stolen bases.
The Nationals just got a 6-3 victory over the Braves, while the Cubs are coming off of a 9-0 loss against the Royals.
Washington Nationals at Chicago Cubs MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Nationals, ATS Winner – Nationals, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in only one of Chicago’s last seven games.
The Nationals have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games. The Cubs have hit 11 over their last 10.
Chicago has averaged 22.5 runs + hits + errors over its last 10 contests and 21.4 over its last five.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018