The Washington Nationals are set to face the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. This interleague matchup will get going at 7:05 p.m. ET and fans looking to watch it can tune in to Mid-Atlantic Sports Network.
Washington Nationals at New York Yankees Odds
The Yankees are 43-19 SU and 34-27 ATS. The team has gained 11.4 units for moneyline bettors and 5.3 units against the spread (ATS). The Nationals, on the other hand, have gone 36-28 SU this year and are 33-30 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 2.5 units for moneyline bettors, but have gained 2.8 units ATS.
Yankees games have an over/under record of 31-27-3 thus far in 2018. The Nationals have been a decent under bet with a total record of 25-36-2.
Right-hander Erick Fedde will get the start for Washington. Fedde is 0-1 with a 4.76 ERA and six strikeouts. He has yet to face the Yankees this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Yankees are sending righty Sonny Gray (4-4, 4.81 ERA) to the mound. Gray has 58 strikeouts and 30 walks to his credit, as well as a 1.46 WHIP. Gray only made one start against the Nationals in 2017 (0-0, 3.86 ERA and six strikeouts across seven innings).
Washington’s pitching staff allowed 3.5 runs per game and its starters own a 3.02 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 9.91 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.76, along with a WHIP of 1.07 and a K-per-9 of 9.22.
The Nationals offense has slashed .235/.317/.396 on its way to 4.3 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.6 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (2-3 SU).
Washington’s hitters have been powered by shortstop Trea Turner and right fielder Bryce Harper. Turner is slashing .254/.338/.385 with seven home runs, 25 RBIs, 36 runs and 18 steals, while Harper has a .228 average with 19 homers, 43 RBIs and 39 runs scored.
In the other dugout, New York’s pitchers have yielded 4.0 runs per game overall in 2018. The team’s starters have a 3.82 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 2.97, a WHIP of 1.14 and a K/9 of 12.2.
The New York hitters have put up 5.5 runs per outing, including 4.2 per game over its last 10 games and 2.8 per game over their last five. The team has slashed .193/.264/.373 over its last five contests and is 4-1 SU during that stretch.
The Yankees’ batters have been led by Miguel Andujar and Aaron Judge. Andujar is hitting .310/.340/.552 with eight home runs, 28 RBIs and 30 runs scored, while Judge’s line is .271/.396/.563 with 18 homers, 45 RBIs and 44 runs.
Washington Nationals vs. New York Yankees Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Nationals, O/U – UNDER
The over has cashed in of Washington’s last seven games.
The Nationals have lost three of their last four games SU while the Yankees have won five of their last six SU.
New York has recorded 20.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 15.6 over its last five.
The Nationals have hit six home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 18 over their last 10.
- Colorado Rockies vs. Atlanta Braves Free Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays at Boston Red Sox Free Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians Free Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox Free Pick 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- San Francisco Giants at Cincinnati Reds Betting Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins Free Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees Betting Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics Free Pick 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018
- Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup 08/17/18 - August 17, 2018