A couple of weeks after Team Giannis faced Team LeBron at the 2019 NBA All-Star Game, Giannis Antetokounmpo will get his rematch against LeBron James. However, this game will be a lot more meaningful as the two players are both fighting for playoff positioning. The red-hot Bucks are trying to remain number one in the Eastern Conference while the Lakers are desperately fighting for a playoff spot.
Giannis Antetokounmpo has had himself quite a season so far and is one of the reasons Milwaukee finds themselves atop the Eastern Conference and within reach of their projected season wins total. He has performed particularly well throughout February averaging 32.3 points per game and 13.3 rebounds per game which is above his season average in both categories. He has scored 30 or points in six of his last nine games and has not recorded fewer than 10 rebounds in a game during that time.
The question before us is whether the 6-foot 11-inch power forward can record a double-double when he and the Bucks visit Los Angeles on Friday. A quick look at his recent performances indicates that betting on him to get a double-double is a no-brainer. After all, he has recorded a double-double in six straight games and in eight of his last nine. This includes recently performing the feat against Boston and Indiana.
Since January 5th, Giannis has snagged double-digit rebounds in 17 of the 21 games he’s played. During that time, he has reached the double digits in points every time. The 27 points that he put up against Minnesota on Saturday was his lowest point total of the month. Barring injury or some other unforeseen circumstance, reaching double digits in points is as close to a lock as you can get. While the chances of him grabbing at least 10 rebounds isn’t as much of a sure thing, the odds are still well in his favor. He does it the majority of the time and 10 rebounds is 2.7 rebounds shy of his season average.
This is the first time these two teams will meet this year but Giannis has a pretty good track record against the Lakers, having scored a double-double in both games against Los Angeles last year. Factoring in his recent performances should give bettors plenty of confidence when they pull the trigger.
My Pick: Giannis Antetokounmpo will record a double-double against Los Angeles on Friday.
- Will the Lakers land these superstars in free agency? - March 13, 2019
- Where will Anthony Davis play in the 2019-2020 season? - March 11, 2019
- Oklahoma at Portland: More points Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard? - March 6, 2019
- Boston at Golden State: Betting Odds, Preview and Pick - March 4, 2019
- Warriors at 76ers: Total 3’s from Curry and Thompson - February 28, 2019
- Will Giannis Antetokounmpo record a double-double against the Lakers? - February 25, 2019
- Celtics at Raptors: Kyrie Irving vs. Kawhi Leonard More Total Points - February 24, 2019
- Houston at Golden State: Will James harden score over 33 points? - February 22, 2019
- Houston at Los Angeles: LeBron James total points O/U 26.5 - February 18, 2019
- Boston at Milwaukee: How many points and rebounds for Jayson Tatum? - February 18, 2019