The World Series of Fighting 22 event comes to us from Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas with a card headlined by two title fights. The main card features five fights in all that are scheduled to air on the NBC Sports Network in the USA.
In the welterweight division, controversial titleholder Rousimar Palhares takes on the challenge of Jake Shields. Palhares, a Brazilian known for his ability to finish fights fast using leglocks, faces a tall order in Shields, the UFC veteran whose methodical style is at time considered boring. But it may exactly what is needed to face the aggression of Palhares.
In the bantamweight division, champion Marlon Moraes defends his belt against undefeated Sheymon de Silva Moraes. Sheymon comes from a kickboxing and muay thai background and has gone 7-0 in his MMA career. For Marlon, this will be the second title defense he makes of the WSOF title.
In a bit of bad news for the WSOF, the Nevada Athletic Commission has rejected the liscense for Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva. Silva, talented but plagued with personal problems, missed a hearing with the commission to reinstitute his license after a previous suspension for tampering with a urine sample. Stepping in for him on late notice is veteran Mike Kyle as he faces Clifford Starks. This match was originally scheduled to feature WSOF poster boy Tyrone Spong, but he was pulled from the fight earlier.
Check out our latest video blog where we review the odds for this Saturday’s World Series of Fighting 22.
- UFC on Fox 25 Odds For Saturday’s Fights - July 22, 2017
- Mayweather Jr vs McGregor Odds Post-Tour - July 21, 2017
- World Boxing Super Series – TnS Boxing Podcast #47 - July 21, 2017
- UFC Fight Night 113 Odds For Sunday’s Fights - July 15, 2017
- Berchelt vs Miura Promises All-Action This Saturday - July 15, 2017
- Figueroa Jr vs Guerrero Headline PBC on FOX - July 15, 2017
- Eubank Jr vs Abraham Headline Wembley on Saturday - July 12, 2017
- Talking Boxing PPVs on TalknShoot Podcast #46 - July 12, 2017
- Skeete vs Evans Odds and More From Britain - July 4, 2017
- Mayweather vs McGregor – TnS Boxing Podcast #45 - June 22, 2017