The World Series of Fighting 22 event comes to us from Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas with a card headlined by two title fights. The main card features five fights in all that are scheduled to air on the NBC Sports Network in the USA.
In the welterweight division, controversial titleholder Rousimar Palhares takes on the challenge of Jake Shields. Palhares, a Brazilian known for his ability to finish fights fast using leglocks, faces a tall order in Shields, the UFC veteran whose methodical style is at time considered boring. But it may exactly what is needed to face the aggression of Palhares.
In the bantamweight division, champion Marlon Moraes defends his belt against undefeated Sheymon de Silva Moraes. Sheymon comes from a kickboxing and muay thai background and has gone 7-0 in his MMA career. For Marlon, this will be the second title defense he makes of the WSOF title.
In a bit of bad news for the WSOF, the Nevada Athletic Commission has rejected the liscense for Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva. Silva, talented but plagued with personal problems, missed a hearing with the commission to reinstitute his license after a previous suspension for tampering with a urine sample. Stepping in for him on late notice is veteran Mike Kyle as he faces Clifford Starks. This match was originally scheduled to feature WSOF poster boy Tyrone Spong, but he was pulled from the fight earlier.
Check out our latest video blog where we review the odds for this Saturday’s World Series of Fighting 22.
- Sonnen vs Rampage Odds on Fight’s Eve - January 19, 2018
- Spence Jr vs Peterson Odds For Saturday - January 19, 2018
- UFC 220 Miocic vs NGannou Odds For Saturday - January 19, 2018
- UFC Fight Night 124 Undercard Odds - January 11, 2018
- UFC Fight Night 124 Main Card Odds - January 11, 2018
- Welterweight Division 2018 Preview – TnS Boxing Podcast #58 - January 9, 2018
- WBSS Super Middleweight Semifinal Odds - January 4, 2018
- Holly Holm Gets 90 day Suspension Post-Cyborg - January 4, 2018
- First Look at WWE Royal Rumble Odds 2018 - January 3, 2018
- WBSS Cruiserweight Semifinal Odds - January 3, 2018