On this week’s edition of the GMS World Tour Soccer Pod, we review opening weekend in MLS, and get everyone prepared for what we might see from the eight matches on the slate for this upcoming weekend.
Parma makes the headlines in Italian Serie A again this week, with bankruptcy looming, and a hearing on March 19th that will decide the permanent future of the struggling club.
Spanish La Liga has a new leader in the table after Barcelona took over the top spot from Madrid. The fallout has everyone wondering what the future holds for Madrid headman Carlo Ancelotti, amid rumors that his job is in jeopardy and Zinedane Zidane is waiting in the wings to take over the club.
Champions League resumed on Tuesday, adding to the Madrid turmoil after the 4 – 3 loss at home to Schalke, but it was not enough to stop Madrid from moving on. We have two matches to discuss for Wednesday’s action, with Bayern hosting Schalke after the 0 – 0 first leg in Lviv, and Cheslea hosting PSG to break the 1 – 1 deadlock from the first leg in Paris.
Also, Europe League is down to the final 16, and we review the schedule for the home and home series that begins on Thursday, March 12.
There is much to discuss, so let’s get to the pitch, and see what the world of soccer has in store for us today.
- Futures Betting – Juventus Earns Triple - April 14, 2017
- Europa League Quarterfinals – April 13 - April 12, 2017
- Champions League Quarterfinals – April 11 - April 9, 2017
- Italia Round 31 Serie A ~ April 8 – 9 - April 6, 2017
- Asia World Cup Qualifying – March 28 - March 27, 2017
- Europe World Cup Qualifying – March 26 - March 25, 2017
- European World Cup Qualifying – March 25 - March 24, 2017
- European World Cup Qualifying – March 24 - March 22, 2017
- South America World Cup Qualifying - March 21, 2017
- Asian World Cup Qualifying – Round 3 - March 21, 2017