On this week’s edition of World Tour Soccer Podcast, our host Ej Garr brings in special guest Steve Brenner, a certified freelance journalist who has covered the 2012 London Olympics and the World Cup in Brazil, and has an extensive resume covering soccer, cricket and tennis. Steve also had a strong involvement with English Premier football, covering the clubs in London for ‘The Sun’, the most read publication around the UK.
This week’s edition of the podcast delves into the state of Premier League and the importance of not being relegated to second tier Championship level. It’s a situation that faces Aston Villa at the moment, a club who has been a staple in top flight.
Liverpool has a long month of football ahead, as does a handful of clubs still featured in European competitions, league cups and domestic campaigns. March will be the busiest month of the year for many clubs throughout Europe, and how they deal with the travel and pressure to win each match down the stretch could determine who is standing at the end.
Brenner also briefly details some of the hot topics with FIFA corruption, including the scandal of having Qatar host the 2018 World Cup and the lasting effects they left on Brazil. The journalist also goes into some of the challenges that arise from covering the sport in England, where players and coaches are jaded by tabloid papers.
Enjoy this week’s show, and we will see you next time on the tour.
- Get More Sportscast – February 2 - February 2, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – February 1 - February 1, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 31 - January 31, 2018
- Get More Sportcast – January 30 - January 30, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 29 - January 29, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 26 - January 26, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 25 - January 25, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 24 - January 24, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 23 - January 23, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 22 - January 22, 2018