On this week’s edition of World Tour Soccer Podcast, our host Ej Garr brings in special guest Steve Brenner, a certified freelance journalist who has covered the 2012 London Olympics and the World Cup in Brazil, and has an extensive resume covering soccer, cricket and tennis. Steve also had a strong involvement with English Premier football, covering the clubs in London for ‘The Sun’, the most read publication around the UK.
This week’s edition of the podcast delves into the state of Premier League and the importance of not being relegated to second tier Championship level. It’s a situation that faces Aston Villa at the moment, a club who has been a staple in top flight.
Liverpool has a long month of football ahead, as does a handful of clubs still featured in European competitions, league cups and domestic campaigns. March will be the busiest month of the year for many clubs throughout Europe, and how they deal with the travel and pressure to win each match down the stretch could determine who is standing at the end.
Brenner also briefly details some of the hot topics with FIFA corruption, including the scandal of having Qatar host the 2018 World Cup and the lasting effects they left on Brazil. The journalist also goes into some of the challenges that arise from covering the sport in England, where players and coaches are jaded by tabloid papers.
Enjoy this week’s show, and we will see you next time on the tour.
- Futures Betting – Juventus Earns Triple - April 14, 2017
- Europa League Quarterfinals – April 13 - April 12, 2017
- Champions League Quarterfinals – April 11 - April 9, 2017
- Italia Round 31 Serie A ~ April 8 – 9 - April 6, 2017
- Asia World Cup Qualifying – March 28 - March 27, 2017
- Europe World Cup Qualifying – March 26 - March 25, 2017
- European World Cup Qualifying – March 25 - March 24, 2017
- European World Cup Qualifying – March 24 - March 22, 2017
- South America World Cup Qualifying - March 21, 2017
- Asian World Cup Qualifying – Round 3 - March 21, 2017