The Youngstown State Penguins (5-12, 3-1 Hor) and the Detroit Titans (5-13, 1-4 Hor), who both like to play fast, will clash at Calihan Hall. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Detroit Titans Betting Prediction
The Penguins are hoping for a better outcome after their 95-82 loss to the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last game. One of Oakland’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-18 (83.3 percent), while the Penguins were just 12-19 (63.2 percent). Youngstown State’s Cameron Morse played well, recording 21 points.
In the Titans’ last matchup, they won a close one over the Cleveland State Vikings, 85-84. The Titans had a better free throw rate (0.211 vs. 0.143) and held the Vikings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 22.2). Corey Allen was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-14 shooting.
There could be plenty of transition action in this battle that features a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Detroit ranks seventh in possessions per game (77.6) and Youngstown State is 20th (75.2).
After the Titans won both matchups against the Penguins last season, these teams will go head-to-head for the first time this year. In the last game, Detroit won 90-80. Detroit had a better free throw rate (0.242 vs. 0.186). Youngstown State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 16.0).
Youngstown State Penguins vs. Detroit Titans Odds Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Youngstown State, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Over
Youngstown State ranks 81st in assists per game (15.0) while Detroit ranks 231st in assists allowed per game (17.2).
The Penguins rank 124th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while the Titans rank 249th (39.3).
Youngstown State ranks 12th in steals per game (9.1) while Detroit ranks 107th (6.4).
The Penguins average 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 148th in the nation. The Titans rank 190th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
Youngstown State averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 95th in the nation. Detroit ranks 129th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
The Penguins’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 6.8 for the season.
During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (6.8 below their season average).
- Sacramento Kings vs. Memphis Grizzlies Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Phoenix Suns at Denver Nuggets Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- New York Knicks vs. Utah Jazz Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Lakers Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Washington Wizards vs. Detroit Pistons Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Manhattan Jaspers Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Toronto Raptors Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Davidson Wildcats Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018
- Iona Gaels at Monmouth Hawks Preview 01/19/18 - January 19, 2018