After working out free agent quarterback Tim Tebow a few weeks ago, the Philadelphia Eagles have pulled the trigger and will officially sign the former Florida Gators Heisman Trophy winner to a one-year contract Monday according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Tim Tebow has reached agreement on a new deal with the Eagles, two sources said Sunday. Tebow is scheduled to… http://t.co/3x7EohcHLf
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 19, 2015
According to the report, the only reason the Eagles didn’t sign Tebow back in March was the presence of back up quarterback Matt Barkley. Philadelphia looked for a trade partner for the former USC star, but couldn’t find one. So, over the weekend they bit the bullet and will now have Tebow, Barkley, the recently re-sign Mark Sanchez and the newly-acquired Sam Bradford all in for Monday’s official team workout.
— Philadelphia Eagles (@eaglesbuzztap) April 19, 2015
Tebow was not in the NFL for the last two seasons after being cut in the preseason by the New England Patriots in 2013.
Tebow hasn’t appeared in a regular season game since an 0-for-1 single-play outing against the Tennessee Titans on Dec. 17, 2012 while with the New York Jets.
Tebow played in 14 games for the Broncos in 2011, leading the team to an 8-8 finish and a Wild Card Playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tebow passed for 1,729 yards and 12 touchdowns that season with six picks, adding 660 yards and six touchdowns on the ground.
Tebow is the second Heisman Trophy winner on the Eagles roster along with Bradford. Tebow, Sanchez and Bradford were all first round picks with Tebow and Bradford both picked in the 2010 NFL Draft.
Financial details on Tebow’s contract with Philadelphia have not been released.
- The Gronkcast: Inside the NFL Episode 10 featuring Mama G and Rob - October 21, 2018
- Best NFL Underdog Picks: Week 7 Betting Odds - October 20, 2018
- Friday Afternoon Quarterback: NFL Week 7 Spread Picks and Locks - October 19, 2018
- The Gronkcast: Inside the NFL Episode 11 - October 18, 2018
- NFL Betting: Against the Spread Power Rankings – Week 7 - October 18, 2018
- Worst Bad Beats for Week 6: NFL Betting Odds - October 15, 2018
- Best NFL Underdog Picks: Week 6 Betting Odds - October 13, 2018
- Friday Afternoon Quarterback: NFL Week 6 Spread Picks and Locks - October 12, 2018
- NFL Betting: Against the Spread Power Rankings – Week 6 - October 11, 2018
- Worst Bad Beats for Week 5 NFL Betting Odds - October 8, 2018