The Utah Valley Wolverines (22-10) go head-to-head with the Eastern Washington Eagles (20-14) in the College Basketball Invitational at UCCU Events Center. The game is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
Utah Valley is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148.5 points.
Eastern Washington Eagles at Utah Valley Wolverines Free Prediction
In the Eagles’ last game, they were topped by the Montana Grizzlies, 82-65. Montana’s 0.306 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Eastern Washington, who had a mark of 0.033. The Grizzlies’ mark was above their season average of 0.276, while the Eagles’ was below their season average of 0.225. Jacob Davison led Eastern Washington in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting.
The Wolverines fell to the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last matchup, 75-60. One of Grand Canyon’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 26 trips to the line, while Utah Valley went 24 times. Utah Valley’s Akolda Manyang put together a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting.
Utah Valley figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Wolverines rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while Eastern Washington ranks 186th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Eagles, who rank 253rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219), could have a difficult time getting to the line against the Wolverines, who rank 32nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.189).
Eastern Washington heads into the contest with records of 20-14 straight up (SU) and 18-13 against the spread (ATS). Eagles games have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (54.8 percent).
Meanwhile, Utah Valley is 22-10 SU and 1-2 ATS. There does not appear to be a trend for games including the Wolverines in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Eastern Washington Eagles at Utah Valley Wolverines Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
Utah Valley ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Eastern Washington ranks 246th (33.4).
The Wolverines rank 29th in assists per game (16.2) while the Eagles rank 201st (12.7).
Eastern Washington ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Utah Valley ranks 215th (7.4).
The Eagles rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Wolverines rank 94th (3.1).
Eastern Washington ranks 38th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Utah Valley ranks 110th (20.7).
The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 3.6 for the season.
During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (7.1 below their season average).
- Dallas Stars at Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers Betting Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Calgary Flames vs. Vegas Golden Knights Betting Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Free Prediction 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders Betting Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Colorado Avalanche Free Pick 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks Free Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- New Jersey Devils vs. Anaheim Ducks Game Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Houston Rockets at Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Preview 03/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers Free Preview 03/18/18 - March 18, 2018