The Utah Valley Wolverines (22-10) go head-to-head with the Eastern Washington Eagles (20-14) in the College Basketball Invitational at UCCU Events Center. The game is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
Utah Valley is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148.5 points.
Eastern Washington Eagles at Utah Valley Wolverines Free Prediction
In the Eagles’ last game, they were topped by the Montana Grizzlies, 82-65. Montana’s 0.306 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Eastern Washington, who had a mark of 0.033. The Grizzlies’ mark was above their season average of 0.276, while the Eagles’ was below their season average of 0.225. Jacob Davison led Eastern Washington in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting.
The Wolverines fell to the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last matchup, 75-60. One of Grand Canyon’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 26 trips to the line, while Utah Valley went 24 times. Utah Valley’s Akolda Manyang put together a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting.
Utah Valley figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Wolverines rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while Eastern Washington ranks 186th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Eagles, who rank 253rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219), could have a difficult time getting to the line against the Wolverines, who rank 32nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.189).
Eastern Washington heads into the contest with records of 20-14 straight up (SU) and 18-13 against the spread (ATS). Eagles games have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (54.8 percent).
Meanwhile, Utah Valley is 22-10 SU and 1-2 ATS. There does not appear to be a trend for games including the Wolverines in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Eastern Washington Eagles at Utah Valley Wolverines Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
Utah Valley ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Eastern Washington ranks 246th (33.4).
The Wolverines rank 29th in assists per game (16.2) while the Eagles rank 201st (12.7).
Eastern Washington ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Utah Valley ranks 215th (7.4).
The Eagles rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Wolverines rank 94th (3.1).
Eastern Washington ranks 38th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Utah Valley ranks 110th (20.7).
The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 3.6 for the season.
During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (7.1 below their season average).
- Seattle Mariners vs. Baltimore Orioles Betting Preview 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Oakland Athletics at Detroit Tigers Free Pick 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds at Atlanta Braves Matchup 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays at Houston Astros Free Preview 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Kansas City Royals Matchup 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Miami Marlins Free Pick 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Pick 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. New York Mets Free Pick 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- Cleveland Indians at St. Louis Cardinals Free Pick 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018
- New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 06/25/18 - June 25, 2018