The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 154.5 points with Notre Dame set as a 22-point favorite.
Hampton Pirates at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Prediction
In the Pirates’ last matchup, they were topped by the North Carolina Central Eagles, 71-63. North Carolina Central’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Hampton. The Eagles had a rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.202), while the Pirates posted a mark of 0.167 (below their season average of 0.273). Malique Trent-Street led Hampton in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-10 shooting.
The Fighting Irish were blown out by the No. 5 Duke Blue Devils in their last outing, 88-70. Duke’s 0.123 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Notre Dame, who had a mark of 0.075. The Blue Devils’ mark was below their season average of 0.248, while the Fighting Irish’s was below their season average of 0.249. Bonzie Colson had a good game for Notre Dame, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 9-for-17 shooting.
Notre Dame should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Notre Dame ranks 12th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while Hampton forces the 96th-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent). Opposite tempos will be on display in this meeting. The up-tempo Pirates rank 18th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Fighting Irish rank 314th.
Hampton holds records of 19-15 straight up (SU) and 3-4 against the spread (ATS). Games involving the Pirates have no tendency in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Meanwhile, Notre Dame is 20-14 SU and 13-16 ATS. Just over half of Fighting Irish games have finished over the projected point total.
Malique Trent-Street has averaged 19.0 points, 4.4 assists and 2.2 steals over the last five games for Hampton.
Hampton Pirates at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Under
Notre Dame ranks 103rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Hampton ranks 267th (17.9).
The Fighting Irish average 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 116th in the NCAA. The Pirates rank 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
Hampton ranks 70th in assists per game (15.1) while Notre Dame ranks 192nd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
The Pirates average 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. The Fighting Irish rank 172nd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
Notre Dame ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Hampton ranks 76th (5.7).
The Pirates’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 4.1 for the season.
During their last five games, the Fighting Irish have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (7.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average).
- Jacksonville Dolphins at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Dartmouth Big Green at Albany Great Danes Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Akron Zips Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Eastern Illinois Panthers at Bradley Braves ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Nicholls Colonels vs. Boston University Terriers Odds Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Youngstown State Penguins at Binghamton Bearcats ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Manhattan Jaspers vs. Connecticut Huskies Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marist Red Foxes vs. Colgate Raiders Free Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Citadel Bulldogs Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018