Teams continue to shore up their rosters ahead of the NFL Draft in two weeks. Sunday, the Atlanta Falcons announced they signed former New Orleans Saints defensive lineman Tyeler Davison to a one-year contract. Davison started 12 games last season with 23 tackles, two sacks and one forced fumble.
#Falcons are signing DT Tyeler Davison to a one-year deal, per league source. Both parties would like it to be a long-term deal at some point.
— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 13, 2019
Eagles restructure Zach Ertz’s contract
The Philadelphia Eagles freed up some salary cap room with a restructuring to tight end Zach Ertz’s contract. The move opens up $5.756 million in new money. Ertz got no new cash in the deal.
The Eagles converted $7.195M of TE Zach Ertz’ contract into a bonus, creating $5.756M of cap space in 2019, per source. Philly is in a healthy cap spot to maneuver if need be this offseason.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 13, 2019
Lions re-sign Charles Washington
The Detroit Lions kept one of their own homegrown free agents Sunday, re-signing safety Charles Washington who they originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Fresno State back in 2017. Washington has 13 tackles in his 19 game appearances with Detroit.
The Lions, as expected, brought back special teams standout Charles Washington, who was an exclusive rights free agent. Washington is one of the team's top gunners. https://t.co/xfT5KRQeHw
— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) April 13, 2019
Jets host Fant and Allen
There are plenty of options for the New York Jets with the No. 3 overall pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. Saturday, they hosted Kentucky defensive end Josh Allen after hanging out with Iowa tight end Noah Fant on Friday. It’s unlikely Fant is a target at the No. 3 pick. Allen absolutely could be. Fant caught 39 passes for 519 yards and seven touchdowns for the Hawkeys last season. Allen registered 88 tackles, 21.5 for a loss, four passes defended, two fumble recoveries, five forced fumbles and 17 sacks with the Wildcats.
The Jets are hosting Kentucky edge rusher Josh Allen for a top 30 visit today.
— 🔺🏈THE 44 YARD LINE🏈🔺 (@the44yardline) April 13, 2019
- Bills Add Yeldon, Stafford’s Wife Home and More - April 22, 2019
- Seahawks Want First Rounder for Clark, Watson Might Return and More - April 21, 2019
- Jackson Working at Safety, Goff and Rams Not Talking Contract and More - April 20, 2019
- Bryce Love’s Knee, Falcons Sign Hageman and More - April 19, 2019
- Redskins and Ioannids Reach Extension, NFL Schedule is Official and More - April 18, 2019
- Final Pre-Draft Visits, AAF Files for Bankruptcy and More - April 17, 2019
- Russell Wilson Gets Record Deal, Gurley Knee Update and More - April 16, 2019
- Carson Wentz Still Hurt, Wilson and Seahawks Talk Contract - April 15, 2019
- Falcons Sign Davison, Allen and Fant Take Rookie Visits and More - April 14, 2019
- Eagles Cornerback Arrested, Patriots Re-Sign Chung and More - April 13, 2019