The Houston Rockets (2-2) clash against the Golden State Warriors (2-2) at Toyota Center in game five of the Western Conference Finals. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 24, 2018, and will air on TNT.
The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 220 points with Houston opening as a 1-point favorite.
Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets ATS Prediction
Harden scored a game-high 30 points in game four, in which the Rockets, who were 8-point underdogs, defeated the Warriors 95-92. The game finished with a total of 187 points, which was 40.5 points below the projected point total of 227.5 points. The Rockets knocked down 23 of their 27 free throws (85.2 percent) and had a better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 14.4).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NBA’s best offenses battle. Houston ranks first with 112.6 points per 100 possessions and Golden State is second (112.4). Furthermore, the Warriors rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 percent), while the Rockets rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (80.0 percent).
Golden State has an outstanding 68-28 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 40-53-3 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Warriors games, with 49 unders compared to 46 overs.
Meanwhile, Houston is 75-21 SU and 49-45-2 ATS. Games involving the Rockets tend to finish under the total (56.3 percent).
The Warriors are 14-10 ATS with 14 unders, nine overs and one push in the playoffs, while the Rockets are 1-4 with four unders and one over
Chris Paul has averaged 24.0 points, 8.8 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 1.6 steals over the last five games for Houston.
Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
Golden State is 21-25-1 ATS on the road with 24 unders and 23 overs.
At home, Houston is 21-27-1 ATS with 25 unders, 23 overs and 1 push.
In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Golden State is 20-6 and Houston is 37-3.
In games where they score above 100 points, the Rockets are 71-15 and the Warriors are 64-17.
Golden State ranks first in assists per game (28.8) while Houston ranks 27th (21.3).
The Rockets average 8.4 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Warriors rank 27th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
Houston ranks eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while Golden State ranks 25th (13.3).
The Rockets average 16.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Warriors rank 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.1).
Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (18.9) while Houston ranks 17th (11.2).
The Rockets rank first in three pointers attempted per game (41.9) while the Warriors rank 16th (29.1).
Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (7.1) while Houston ranks 11th (5.0).
The Warriors rank 18th in points in the paint per game (43.5) while the Rockets rank 28th (41.1).
In their last five games, Golden State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
Houston is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games.
The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 6.3 for the season.
During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (5.0 above their season average).
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Morehead State Eagles vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Florida Ospreys vs. FIU Golden Panthers ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Boston University Terriers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Odds Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Milwaukee Panthers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Kennesaw State Owls at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- New Orleans Privateers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Lamar Cardinals at Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018