Season 1 of the Gronkast comes to a conclusion with this week’s episode as the Gronkowski brothers — Chris and Glenn — tee up the Super Bowl that their brother, Rob, is set to play in.
Glenn Gronkowski will be in Atlanta, Georgia this weekend for Super Bowl 53 and while he’ll be focused on more of the party and the atmosphere, his brother, Rob, will be trying to win his third ring.
After recanting some Super Bowl stories of their own, the guys start off handicapping the total for Super Bowl 53, which is set at 56.5.
Related: Super Bowl Betting
“I’m going with the under in this one,” says Glenn. “56.5 points just sounds like a lot. I know it’s two high-scoring offenses, but I just like the under here. These teams have had two weeks to prepare. I think the defenses will show a little something different.”
While it is a big number, the two offenses were among the best in the business this season. The Rams were second in points per game (32.9), while the Patriots were fourth (27.3). However, the under is 11-8 in the Patriots last 19 games where the total is at 49.5 or higher. For the Rams, it’s 7-6 in that same scenario.
It’s interesting to note that most of the money has been on the under in this game. The total opened at 58.5/59 but is now down to 56.5.
In terms of the side, both Gronkowski brothers are siding with the Pats. Of course, a little brotherly love may influence their decision a little bit.
“We’re both locking in the Pats,” says Glenn. “What a surprise.”
On one hand, it is hard to argue with the Patriots. This is a team that will have a significant edge in experience. This will be their third straight Super Bowl and Tom Brady’s ninth overall. The Rams are mostly a young squad — including their head coach, Sean McVay — so this will be a new experience for a lot of them.
However, it is worth noting that through the first 52 Super Bowls, there have been 24 times where a quarterback was making his first Super Bowl start versus a quarterback with prior Super Bowl experience. The rookie quarterback has won 11 times (46%), so the edge in experience may not be as big as you might think.
Related: Super Bowl Prop Betting
After the guys finish handicapping Super Bowl 53, they shift their focus on a fun Q&A session. Both bring up questions the other has yet to hear or prepare for, and they have to come up with answers on the fly.
“Which brother got the most girls growing up?” was the first question that came in. While many people might think that it was Rob who was the ladies man, the answer might actually surprise you.
To hear the answer to that and many more about the Gronkowski family, tune into to this week’s episode of The Gronkast at GetMoreSports.com.
- How Many More Majors Will Tiger Woods Win In 2019? - March 15, 2019
- AAF Betting: Arizona at Orlando Preview and Pick - March 14, 2019
- AAF Betting: Memphis at Salt Lake Preview and Pick - March 14, 2019
- Best Bets to Win The Players Championship - March 12, 2019
- Best Bets to Win The Arnold Palmer Invitational - March 8, 2019
- AAF Betting: Salt Lake at San Diego Preview and Pick - March 7, 2019
- Will Kyrie Irving Sign With The New York Knicks Before The 2019-20 Season? - March 4, 2019
- Who Will Be The San Francisco Giants Manager In 2020? - March 4, 2019
- NFL Football Betting: Which Team Will Sign Le’Veon Bell? - March 1, 2019
- AAF Betting: Atlanta at Arizona Betting Odds, Preview and Pick - February 28, 2019