With LeBron James’ free agency decision looming, the NBA star does not want to hear elaborate pitches from potential suitors, per a new report from ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne. LeBron has until Friday to pick up his $35.6 million option with the Cavs. Many expect he will opt out.
“While James hasn’t decided yet whether to pick up his player option, sources close to the situation tell ESPN that he has no intention of hearing elaborate pitch meetings from teams,” Shelburne reports. “James might meet or speak with a club official or owner at some point, but the elaborate presentations that have become common in NBA free agency over the years are unnecessary after 15 seasons in the league.”
It’s understandable. LeBron and his team know the ins and outs of each situation, and they don’t need an executive or player to sell them. At this point, that process would be overkill.
“Should James become a free agent, league sources believe he and his agents Rich Paul and Mark Termini have enough understanding of the stakes and NBA landscape to handle the process without much fanfare,” Shelburne adds.
As she notes, LBJ went through the full recruitment process when he was a free agent in 2010. He met with representatives from the Knicks, Heat, Bulls, Nets, Cavs and Clippers, and of course ultimately decided on the Heat. LeBron re-joined the Cavs in 2014.
Odds for The Decision 3.0
BetDSI Sportsbook is pegging the Lakers as the favorites to land LeBron. The Cavs and Sixers are tied for the second spot among the favorites, while Vegas still considers the Rockets, Celtics, Spurs, Clippers, and Heat in contention.
Check out the latest BetDSI odds for LeBron’s free-agency decision below.
Los Angeles Lakers -110
Philadelphia 76ers +450
Cleveland Cavaliers +450
Houston Rockets +700
Boston Celtics +1000
San Antonio Spurs +1000
Los Angeles Clippers +2500
Miami Heat +3300
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 5: Kawhi Leonard To The Knicks? - July 14, 2018
- The Rockets Reportedly Made Clint Capela A Monster Offer - July 12, 2018
- Here’s How Rob Pelinka Learned LeBron Was Signing With The Lakers - July 11, 2018
- Kyrie Irving’s Injury In 2015 Playoffs Reportedly Annoyed LeBron ‘To No End’ - July 10, 2018
- Celtics Rookie Robert Williams Has Rare Artery Condition In Legs - July 10, 2018
- The Cavs Are Reportedly Actively Shopping Kyle Korver, Not Kevin Love - July 9, 2018
- There Is Reportedly A ‘Strong Sense’ Marcus Smart Will Return To Celtics - July 9, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 4: Looking at the Kawhi Leonard Trade Situation - July 8, 2018
- Amir Johnson Will Reportedly Return To The Philadelphia 76ers - July 4, 2018
- Harry Giles Regrets Playing As A Freshman At Duke - July 4, 2018