NBA fans are reading into every tea leaf that pertains to LeBron James’ free agency decision. The move will undoubtedly shake up the entire league, and fans anxiously await James’ revelation — so hoops junkies across the globe are glued to his every move.
Exhibit A: LeBron changed his Twitter avatar and header Sunday.
For the first time in a long time, LeBron changed his Twitter avatar.
— Ben Axelrod (@BenAxelrod) June 24, 2018
LeBron's new Twitter header! Love it! pic.twitter.com/WRUWlf0gyz
— Cleveland Sports Talk (@CLEsportsTalk) June 24, 2018
The header in particular immediately sparked speculation. It’s filled with images from LeBron’s upbringing and livelihood in Akron, Ohio.
Does that mean he’s coming back for another go-round with his hometown team? Or does it mean that he’s heading to a new destination, but he’ll never forget his roots?
Fans took both positions.
I’m being pessimistic. I just think the easy read whenever he conveys love for Akron and his family is that he’s staying, when in reality, it could mean the opposite. Could mean he feels exactly how I said in my initial tweet; could mean he’s at peace with leaving.
— Doug Pitorak (@Doug_Pitorak) June 24, 2018
LeBron’s Twitter header tells me that he’s saying 100%. pic.twitter.com/A5hk4DfHzF
— The Kennel Cleveland Football Podcast (@FootballKennel) June 24, 2018
In a new episode of the Lowe Post podcast, ESPN reporter Brian Windhorst — who has followed LeBron since the star’s early days — said he expects the King will reveal his decision in the very near future. He took the “under” on a July 4 line, meaning LBJ will likely announce his choice before Independence Day.
Vegas still favors the Lakers, but it hasn’t totally ruled out the Sixers or Cavs. Windhorst estimated the Cavs and Lakers are the favorite.
Check out this week’s odds for LeBron’s decision below, via BetDSI Sportsbook.
Los Angeles Lakers -110
Philadelphia 76ers +450
Cleveland Cavaliers +450
Houston Rockets +700
Boston Celtics +1000
San Antonio Spurs +1000
Los Angeles Clippers +2500
Miami Heat +3300
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018