A series sweep is on the line as the Los Angeles Dodgers are taking on the Atlanta Braves in Game 3 of the NLDS. The visiting Dodgers (up 2-0) are only a win away from reaching the NLCS, and this matchup is slated to begin at 8:07 p.m. ET. The game is scheduled to be nationally televised on Fox Sports One.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta Braves Odds
Atlanta (+150) is coming into this one as the underdog to Los Angeles (-160) and Vegas has put the Over/Under for this night game at 8 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -105 for the under and -115 for the over. Runline odds stand at -110 for picking the Dodgers -1.5 runs and -110 for the Braves +1.5 runs.
Including the regular season, the Braves are 90-74 straight up (SU) and 82-81 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 17.6 units for moneyline bettors while earning 3.4 units (ATS). Atlanta has covered the spread only once in its last seven games and the total has gone under in six of those seven. The Dodgers are 94-71 SU and have gone 77-88 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 19.5 units for gamblers taking the moneyline and 11.6 units ATS. Los Angeles has covered the spread six times in its last seven games and the under has hit in three of those seven.
Braves games have had an over/under record of 77-80-6 in 2018. The Dodgers have an over/under record of 77-79-9.
Walker Buehler will get the start for Los Angeles. The right-handed Buehler is 8-5 with a 2.62 ERA and 151 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with four strikeouts and a 1.69 ERA against Atlanta this year.
The Braves will turn to lefty Sean Newcomb (12-9, 3.90 ERA) to the mound. Newcomb has 160 strikeouts and 81 walks to his name, as well as a 1.33 WHIP. Newcomb is 1-1 with 14 strikeouts and a 3.86 ERA across two starts against Los Angeles this year.
Behind a team slash line of .182/.328/.491, the Dodgers have tallied 4.5 runs per game through two postseason outings. Atlanta is hitting .145/.159/.161 through two games and the team has put up 0.0 runs during this year’s playoffs.
The Braves bullpen has registered an ERA of 0.96 and a WHIP of 0.96 this postseason, while Dodgers relievers have a 0.00 ERA and 1.00 WHIP.
First baseman Cody Bellinger and outfielder Chris Taylor continue to lead Los Angeles’ hitters. Bellinger is slashing .258/.343/.466 with 25 home runs, 76 RBIs, 84 runs and 15 steals, while Taylor (.254/.331/.444) is up to 17 homers, 63 RBIs and 85 runs scored.
The Braves’ offense has been led by first baseman Freddie Freeman and right fielder Nick Markakis. Freeman is hitting .307/.385/.500 with 23 home runs, 98 RBIs and 94 runs scored, and the line for Markakis stands at .295/.364/.437 with 14 homers, 93 RBIs and 78 runs.
The Dodgers are coming off of a 3-0 win in Game .
Los Angeles Dodgers at Atlanta Braves Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Dodgers, O/U – UNDER
The under has cashed in six of Atlanta’s last seven games.
The Braves have dropped six of their last seven games SU.
Atlanta has posted 15.0 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 15.8 over its last five.
The Dodgers have hit 18 home runs in their last 10 games, including 12 over their last five.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018