Oakland Athletics vs. Tampa Bay Rays Odds
Each team has exceeded betting expectations this year. The Rays are 80-65 straight up (SU) and 82-63 against the spread (ATS). The team has gained 22.6 units for moneyline bettors and 20.9 units (ATS). Tampa Bay has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the total has gone over in five of those seven. On the other hand, the Athletics have gone 89-58 SU this year and are 79-67 ATS. Overall, the team’s accumulated 37.7 units for moneyline bettors and 11.2 units ATS. Oakland has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the total has gone over in five of those seven.
Tampa Bay games have an over/under record of 63-77-5 in 2018. The Athletics have an over/under record of 68-69-9.
Edwin Jackson is getting the nod for the visiting Athletics. The right-handed Jackson is 5-3 with a 3.26 ERA and 56 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Rays this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Rays will turn to Diego Castillo (3-2, 3.45 ERA), who has 49 strikeouts and 18 walks as well as a 1.04 WHIP. Castillo did not accrue any MLB pitching stats in 2017.
Tampa Bay’s pitchers have given up 3.9 runs per game overall this season as a unit. Its starters have an ERA of 3.68, a WHIP of 1.17 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 9.3. The bullpen has a 3.63 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 8.3 K/9.
The Tampa Bay offense is putting up 4.3 runs per contest, including 6.1 per game over its last 10 games and 5.4 per game over its last five. The team has hit .279/.350/.473 over its last five matchups and is 4-1 SU during that span.
Third baseman Matt Duffy and second baseman Joey Wendle have led the Rays’ hitters this year. Duffy is hitting .297/.359/.370 with four home runs, 42 RBIs and 52 runs scored, while Wendle is hitting .293 with seven homers, 51 RBIs, 52 runs and 13 stolen bases.
In the visiting dugout, Oakland’s pitching staff allowed 4.1 runs per game and its starters own a 4.17 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 6.58 K/9. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 3.20, along with a WHIP of 1.24.
The Athletics offense has slashed .251/.326/.438 on its way to 4.9 runs scored per game this year, including 6.2 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 6.2 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Shortstop Marcus Semien and second baseman Jed Lowrie continue to lead Oakland’s hitters. Semien is slashing .259/.323/.384 with 12 home runs, 56 RBIs, 83 runs and 14 steals, while Lowrie is hitting .272/.359/.459 with 21 homers, 90 RBIs and 69 runs scored.
The Rays have gained 12.0 units and are 57-47 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 49 of those games, compared to 52 that’ve hit the under against righties.
Oakland Athletics at Tampa Bay Rays MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Rays, ATS Winner – Athletics, O/U – OVER
Oakland has tallied 20 extra-base hits over its last five outings. Tampa Bay has 18 XBH over its last five.
The Athletics have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games. The Rays have hit 14 over their last 10.
Tampa Bay has recorded 24.9 runs + hits + errors per game over its last 10 games and 23.8 over its last five.
The Rays have won five of their last six games SU.
- Ball State Cardinals vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Davidson Wildcats Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Northeastern Huskies Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Wichita State Shockers Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Washington Wizards ATS Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Utah Jazz at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018