Episode 18 of the Sports Betting Tips podcast, featuring veteran NBA journalist Chris Sheridan, is now available on several podcast platforms. This episode features two guests — the first is Antonis Kalkavouras, a European basketball journalist for gazzetta.gr whom Sheridan calls the “Bob Costas of Greece.” The second is Andrew Bernucca, a EuroLeague contributor for FanSided.
In this episode, our host and guests talk about 2018-19 EuroLeague title odds, including favorites, dark horses, and what to expect from familiar names. Listen to the full episode below.
This episode is sponsored by BetDSI Sportsbook, which is now open to the U.S. market. Use promo code BBALL1000 for a free $25 wager. BetDSI will also match up to $1,000.
Rumors indicated the Knicks considered hiring former Cavaliers coach David Blatt, but they settled on David Fizdale. Blatt returned to Europe, signing with Olympiacos. Blatt, who led Maccabi Tel Aviv to the 2013-14 EuroLeague championship, is one of the most revered names in European hoops.
“The acquisition of David Blatt was probably the greatest acquisition for Olympiacos,” Kalkavouras shared on the phone from Athens. “Everybody here in Europe, in Greece especially, is considering that Blatt is the man who will bring Olympiacos to the final four.”
Olympiacos also added former Gonzaga standout Nigel Williams-Goss. Bernucca agreed that Olympiacos is “a pretty safe bet for the final four.” BetDSI pegs the squad’s championship odds at 9-1.
Conversation shifted to Panathinaikos, which added former Kansas standout Keith Langford on a one-year deal in July.
“This year is a great bet for him to play a major role in the EuroLeague,” Kalkavouras said.
Langford spent last year in China and Israel.
Favorites & Dark Horses
Before the episode closed, our guests shared their EuroLeague predictions. If you’re looking for a dark horse, consider betting on Baskonia. The final four host has only 21-1 odds to win it all.
“They’re going to have a serious shot for the final four, and once you get to the final four, all bets are off,” Bernucca explained.
His favorite, however, is Olympiacos. He believes Blatt will be the difference-maker.
Kalkavouras first shared an individual prediction: he favors former Phoenix Suns guard Mike James to lead the EuroLeague in scoring. As for the teams, he likes CSKA Moscow to win it all. Barcelona is his dark horse.
Sheridan’s dark horse? Maccabi Tel Aviv, which has 27-1 odds.
Listen to the full episode by hitting play above, and be sure to subscribe on your podcast platform of choice.
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018