The Washington Nationals are set to host their division foe Philadelphia Phillies at Nationals Park. The matchup will be nationally televised on ESPN and the opening pitch is scheduled for 8:08 p.m. ET.
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Washington Nationals Odds
Washington (-120) is favored over Philadelphia (+110) and Vegas has the Over/Under for this game at 9 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total sit at +105 for the over and -125 for the under. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds sitting at -190 for the Phillies +1.5 runs and +165 for the Nationals -1.5.
The Phillies have gone 41-33 SU this year and are 32-41 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 7.2 units for gamblers taking the moneyline, despite having lost 14.9 units ATS. The Nationals, on the other hand, are 40-35 SU and 37-37 ATS. The team’s lost 8.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 1.6 units ATS.
Washington games have an over/under record of 29-43-2 so far in 2018. Phillies games have gone over 35 times, gone under 34 times and pushed on four occasions.
Nick Pivetta will get the nod for Philadelphia. The right-handed Pivetta (4-6, 4.08 ERA) has racked up 94 strikeouts in 79.1 innings so far. He’s 0-1 with a 54.00 ERA against Washington this year.
The Nationals will turn to Jefry Rodriguez (0-0, 4.66 ERA) to the mound. Rodriguez has nine strikeouts and five walks to his name, as well as a 1.34 WHIP. Rodriguez hasn’t faced the Phillies yet this year and did not pitch in the majors last season.
As a unit, Washington’s pitchers have given up 3.7 runs per game overall this season. The team’s starters have an ERA of 3.40, a WHIP of 1.13 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 9.7. The bullpen has a 3.80 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 9.0 K/9. In 24 games against divisional foes, Nationals starters have an ERA of 3.85 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.97.
Washington’s offense has produced 4.2 runs per contest, including 4.0 per game against divisional foes and 3.6 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .256/.331/.406 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Nationals’ hitters have been led by Trea Turner, who is hitting .264/.347/.398 with eight home runs, 26 RBIs, 40 runs and 20 stolen bases.
For the visiting squad, Philadelphia’s pitching staff allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starters own a 3.81 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 9.08 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.05, along with a K/9 of 9.54.
The Phillies offense has slashed .237/.323/.395 on its way to 4.4 runs scored per game this season, including 4.1 runs per game against divisional foes and 6.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Odubel Herrera has provided a spark to the Philadelphia offense. Herrera is hitting .304/.357/.500 with 13 home runs, 43 RBIs and 39 runs scored.
The Phillies are looking for another victory after a 5-3 win in the prior game of this series.
Philadelphia Phillies at Washington Nationals Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Nationals, ATS Winner – Phillies, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in five of Philadelphia’s last seven games.
The Phillies have hit 19 home runs in their last 10 games. The Nationals have hit five over their last 10.
Washington has posted 20.4 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 20.0 over its last five.
The Phillies have won six of their last seven games SU while the Nationals have lost three of their last four.
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Chicago State Cougars at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Toledo Rockets vs. FGCU Eagles Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Boise State Broncos vs. Creighton Bluejays ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- California Baptist Lancers at Nevada Wolf Pack Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Colorado State Rams ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Temple Owls vs. VCU Rams Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Utah State Aggies vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Little Rock Trojans vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018