The No. 5 Purdue Boilermakers (16-2, 5-0 Big 10) put their 12-game winning streak on the line when they go head-to-head with the Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-5, 2-3 Big 10) at Williams Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers ATS Prediction
In the Boilermakers’ last game, they beat the Michigan Wolverines, 70-69. Purdue’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Michigan. The Boilermakers had a rate of 0.579 (below their season average of 0.582), while the Wolverines posted a mark of 0.534. Purdue was led by Carsen Edwards, who was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting.
The Golden Gophers lost big to the Northwestern Wildcats in their last contest, 83-60. Northwestern’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Minnesota. The Wildcats had a rate of 33.3 (above their season average of 29.3), while the Golden Gophers posted a mark of 14.6 (below their season average of 35.3). Dupree McBrayer had a solid performance for Minnesota, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 3-for-8 shooting.
Minnesota does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 48th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.284), but Purdue is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking eighth by allowing a FTA rate of 0.157). Additionally, the Boilermakers’ 12th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.582) will go head-to-head against the Golden Gophers’ 50th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.467).
After the Golden Gophers won the only game against the Boilermakers last season, 91-82, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Golden Gophers had a much better turnover percentage (8.1 vs. 14.6) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.460).
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Purdue, O/U – Under
Purdue averages 17.6 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. Minnesota ranks 176th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
The Boilermakers rank 69th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Golden Gophers rank 210th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
Purdue averages 6.1 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. Minnesota ranks 146th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
The Boilermakers rank 112th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Golden Gophers rank 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
Minnesota ranks 30th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Purdue ranks 48th (5.6).
The Boilermakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 25.0, up from 21.6 for the season.
During their last five games, the Golden Gophers have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average).
- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals – Week 8 Free Pick - October 23, 2018
- Green Bay Packers at Los Angeles Rams: Week 8 Free Preview - October 23, 2018
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cincinnati Bengals – Week 8 Free Pick - October 23, 2018
- Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers – Week 8 Betting Pick - October 23, 2018
- Week 8 Free Betting Prediction: Seattle Seahawks vs. Detroit Lions - October 23, 2018
- Miami Dolphins vs. Houston Texans – Free Week 8 Betting Prediction - October 23, 2018
- Purdue Boilermakers at Michigan State Spartans – 10/27/2018 ATS Pick - October 23, 2018
- Oregon Ducks at Arizona Wildcats – NCAA Football Free Preview - October 23, 2018
- Washington State Cougars at Stanford Cardinal: 10/27/2018 Free Betting Preview - October 23, 2018
- Arizona State Sun Devils vs. USC Trojans: 10/27/2018 Free Betting Pick - October 23, 2018