Although we’re in the quiet part of the college football season, the news is about to heat up with spring games starting up. BetDSI Sportsbook has updated their college football futures, specifically on the SEC team. Here is a look at the odds for each team from the SEC, a conference that has won nine national titles since 2006.
Of course, it should come as no surprise at all that Alabama are the favorites at +210, and they have won five of those national titles, including last year’s victory over Georgia. The Crimson Tide lost a couple of important players, but they brought in another strong recruiting class and while they were hit with injuries on the defensive end last season, all that did was allow other players to step up. There are some question marks in the secondary, but head coach Nick Saban will sort that out. Offensively, the Crimson Tide have to replace Calvin Ridley at wide receiver, but running back Damian Harris surprised a lot of people by returning to school. Under center, it’ll either be Jalen Hurts or Tua Tagovailoa, the hero of the national-title game. That is what everyone will be watching, but Alabama as a whole will be right there once again.
Then you have Georgia at +1000, led by Saban disciple Kirby Smart, who has a lot of talent coming in. However, there is a lot to replace as Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are gone at running back, which puts more pressure on quarterback Jake Fromm. Defensively, the back seven lost some players, but the line should be very good. The Bulldogs might not be as good as they were last year, but with some work, they could win the SEC East and get to the conference-title game and from there, anything can happen.
Auburn is the only other team worth mentioning at +2500, while LSU and Florida are rated at +5000 and +6000, respectively. The Tigers lost to Georgia in the SEC title game and even though they beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl, they still got left out of the national-title playoffs. That could be motivation for the Tigers, who lost seven starters from 2017, although four of them came from the offensive line. With no Kerryon Johnson to run the ball, the onus could be on quarterback Jarrett Stidham to air it out more.
Odds To Win 2018 College Football Playoff (Courtesy of BetDSI)
Texas A&M: +7500
Mississippi State: +10000
South Carolina: +50000
Ole Miss: +50000
- One Last Look At Super Bowl Odds Heading Into The 2018 NFL Draft - April 25, 2018
- 8 Best Bets For The 2018 Zurich Classic Of New Orleans - April 25, 2018
- The Best Bets For The 2018 EPGA Volvo China Open - April 25, 2018
- The Best Bets For The 2018 LPGA Mediheal Championship - April 25, 2018
- Florida Gators 2018 Regular Season Win Total Revealed By Oddsmakers - April 24, 2018
- Betting Odds: AFC Regular Season Win Totals Open Up - April 24, 2018
- Betting Odds: NFC Regular Season Win Totals Revealed - April 24, 2018
- 2018 NFL Draft: Psychic Predicts Baker Mayfield To The Arizona Cardinals - April 22, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards Game 3 Recap - April 21, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Recap: Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game 2 Betting Odds - April 18, 2018