St. Louis Cardinals vs. Minnesota Twins Odds
Minnesota (+120) is coming into this one as the underdog against St. Louis (-130) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this game at 9.5 runs. The odds for betting on the game’s total stand at +100 for the over and -120 for the under. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds coming in at Cardinals -1.5 runs (+115) and Twins 1.5 runs (-135).
The Cardinals have gone 22-17 SU this year and are 18-20 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 1.8 units for moneyline bettors over the early part of the year, despite having lost 2.9 units ATS. The Twins, on the other hand, are 18-20 SU and 22-15 ATS. The team has lost 2.6 units for moneyline bettors while earning 4.0 units ATS.
Twins games have had an over/under record of 19-17-1 so far in 2018. St. Louis has an over/under record of 15-20-3.
The right-handed Miles Mikolas is projected to start for the visiting Cards. Mikolas is 5-0 with a 2.51 ERA and 35 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Twins this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Twins will turn to righty Lance Lynn (1-3, 7.34 ERA), who has 36 strikeouts and 25 walks as well as a 1.98 WHIP. Lynn did not record a start against the Cardinals in 2017.
Minnesota’s pitchers have given up 4.7 runs per game overall this year as a unit. Its starters have an ERA of 4.14, a WHIP of 1.31 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 9.1. The bullpen has a 4.78 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 9.2 K/9.
Minnesota’s offense is putting up 4.3 runs per contest, including 4.5 per game over its last 10 games and 3.0 per game over its last five. The team has a slash-line of .229/.280/.341 over its last five contests and is 3-2 SU during that span.
The Twins’ hitters have been led by Eduardo Escobar, who is hitting .281/.333/.547 with seven home runs, 21 RBIs and 23 runs scored.
In the other dugout, St. Louis’ pitchers have allowed 3.7 runs per game and its starters own a 3.11 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 7.70 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.79, along with a K/9 of 8.39.
Cardinals hitters have slashed .226/.314/.378 on their way to 4.2 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.2 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 3.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (2-3 SU).
St. Louis’ offense has been led by Tommy Pham, who is slashing .308/.420/.533 with seven home runs, 17 RBIs, 28 runs and seven steals. He enjoyed hitting against right-handed pitching on the road in 2017. Over 226 such plate appearances, he put up a slash line of .352/.438/.633 (his overall season line was .306/.411/.520).
The Twins took the previous game in the series by a score of four runs to one.
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Minnesota Twins Free MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Cardinals, ATS Winner – Cardinals, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in four of Minnesota’s last seven games.
The Cardinals have hit 12 home runs in their last 10 games, including seven over their last five.
The St. Louis defense has allowed 10 errors over the last 10 games, compared to three errors for Minnesota over its last 10.
- Cornell Big Red vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Samford Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- FGCU Eagles vs. UMBC Retrievers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- UC Riverside Highlanders vs. UTEP Miners Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Drexel Dragons vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Troy Trojans vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Hartford Hawks Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Howard Bison at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Canisius Golden Griffins at Elon Phoenix ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018