Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Odds
Tampa Bay (-125) is hosting this game as the favorite over Toronto (+115) and oddsmakers have put the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -110 for the under and -110 for the over. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the runline odds sitting at Rays -1.5 runs (+120) and Blue Jays +1.5 runs (-140).
The Blue Jays are 51-60 straight up (SU) and 50-63 against the spread (ATS). The team’s lost 8.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 21.8 units (ATS). Toronto has a 3-4 ATS mark over its last seven games and the over has hit in six of those seven. The Rays have gone 56-56 SU this year and are 61-53 ATS. In total, the team’s accumulated 3.3 units for moneyline bettors and 9.4 units ATS. Tampa Bay has covered the spread only twice over its last seven games and the under has hit in four of those seven.
Toronto games have a 58-47-8 over/under record in 2018. Tampa Bay has been a decent under bet with a total record of 50-61-3.
Tampa Bay’s pitching staff allowed 4.2 runs per game and its starters own a 3.79 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 9.12 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.99, along with a K-per-9 of 8.27.
Rays hitters have slashed .255/.330/.396 on their way to 4.2 runs scored per game this year, including 4.0 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.2 per game over the team’s last five outings (2-3 SU).
Third baseman Matt Duffy and first baseman C.J. Cron continue to lead Tampa Bay’s hitters. Duffy is hitting .301/.353/.383 with four home runs, 31 RBIs and 39 runs scored, while Cron has a .250 average with 22 homers, 56 RBIs and 52 runs scored.
For the home team, Toronto’s pitchers have given up 5.0 runs per game overall in 2018. Its starters have an ERA of 4.84, a WHIP of 1.40 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.9. The bullpen has a 4.44 ERA, 1.38 WHIP and 9.2 K/9. In 42 games against divisional opponents, Blue Jays starters have an ERA of 4.46 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.10.
The Toronto hitters have produced 4.5 runs per contest, including 3.9 per game against divisional foes and 5.0 per game over their last five. The team’s hit .287/.332/.489 over its last five matchups and is 3-2 SU during that span.
Third baseman Yangervis Solarte and first baseman Justin Smoak have led the Blue Jays’ batters this year. Solarte is hitting .233/.285/.401 with 17 home runs, 53 RBIs and 48 runs scored, while Smoak’s line is .252/.360/.469 with 17 homers, 56 RBIs and 47 runs scored.
The Rays have lost 6.0 units and are 39-41 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over has hit in 39 of those games, compared to 39 that’ve gone under against -handed starting pitchers.
Tampa Bay Rays at Toronto Blue Jays MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Rays, ATS Winner – Rays, O/U – UNDER
The over has cashed in three of Tampa Bay’s last seven games.
Tampa Bay has recorded 21.5 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 18.2 over its last five.
The Rays have hit eight home runs in their last 10 games. The Blue Jays have hit 17 over their last 10.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019