Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees Odds
Texas (+182) is coming into this one as the underdog to New York (-195) and Vegas has set the Over/Under for this night game at nine runs. Odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -105 for the under and -115 for the over. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the runline odds sitting at -120 for the Rangers +1.5 runs and +100 for the Yankees -1.5.
The Rangers are 49-65 SU and have gone 59-57 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 0.9 units for moneyline gamblers and 1.0 unit ATS. The Yankees, on the other hand, are 69-42 SU and 56-57 ATS. They’ve gained 0.4 units for bettors taking the moneyline while earning 8.2 units ATS.
Yankees games have a 49-58-6 over/under record in 2018. Texas has an over/under record of 55-54-7.
The left-handed Martin Perez is getting the start for the visiting Rangers. Perez is 2-4 with a 6.15 ERA and 33 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Yankees this year and only made one start against them in 2017 (1-0, 3.18 ERA and four strikeouts over five and two-third innings).
The Yankees are putting the ball in the hands of righty Masahiro Tanaka (9-2, 3.76 ERA), who has 109 strikeouts and 26 walks to his credit, as well as a 1.07 WHIP. Tanaka is 1-0 with three strikeouts and a 7.20 ERA in one start against Texas this year.
Texas’ pitchers have allowed 5.2 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 5.28 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 6.53 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 4.13, along with a K/9 of 8.18.
Rangers hitters have slashed .242/.325/.408 on their way to 4.7 runs scored per game in 2018, including 7.1 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 8.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Texas’ hitters have been paced by Shin-soo Choo and Nomar Mazara. Choo is hitting .272/.381/.474 with 20 home runs, 53 RBIs and 64 runs scored, while Mazara is hitting .272 with 15 homers, 58 RBIs and 46 runs scored.
For the home team, New York’s pitching staff has allowed 4.0 runs per game overall this season. Its starters have an ERA of 4.05, a WHIP of 1.24 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 8.9. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 3.12, a WHIP of 1.14 and a K/9 of 11.5.
New York’s offense has produced 5.1 runs per contest, including 4.7 per game over its last 10 games and 4.0 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .183/.264/.354 over its last five matchups and is 1-4 SU during that stretch.
The Yankees’ batters have been led by Giancarlo Stanton and Didi Gregorius. Stanton is hitting .278/.343/.508 with 25 home runs, 67 RBIs and 69 runs scored, and the line for Gregorius stands at .268/.329/.482 with 20 homers, 66 RBIs, 68 runs and 10 stolen bases.
The Rangers have lost 3.2 units and are 40-40 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has cashed in 35 of those games, compared to 41 that’ve gone under in such games. On the other hand, the Yankees have netted 12.6 units and are 15-17 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 13 of those games, as opposed to 16 that’ve cashed the under.
Texas Rangers at New York Yankees MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Rangers, O/U – UNDER
The over has cashed in five of Texas’ last seven games.
Texas has recorded 27.1 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 games and 27.6 over its last five.
The Rangers have hit 18 home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 14 over their last 10.
- Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. Northern Illinois Huskies Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Northern Colorado Bears vs. New Mexico State Aggies Free Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- North Dakota State Bison at Montana Grizzlies Betting Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- SIUE Cougars vs. Drake Bulldogs Free Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Ball State Cardinals at Valparaiso Crusaders ATS Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- UIW Cardinals vs. UIC Flames Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- California Baptist Lancers at Southeastern Louisiana Lions Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Seattle Redhawks at Portland Pilots Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 17, 2018
- Pepperdine Waves vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Preview 12/17/18 - December 16, 2018
- Chicago State Cougars vs. Northwestern Wildcats Betting Preview 12/17/18 - December 16, 2018