A pair of teams with double-digit win totals in 2017, the Atlanta Falcons (+3) are set to pay a visit to the Philadelphia Eagles (-3) at Lincoln Financial Field. The matchup is scheduled to get underway at 8:20 p.m. ET and NBC has the TV rights.
Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles Betting Preview
In this Thursday NFC game, Philadelphia has been projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 3 points. The Falcons are also receiving +120 moneyline odds while the Eagles are -140. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 45.5 points, and should one team catches a lucky break early, it will likely create a decent live betting scenario.
The under has gotten the bulk of the early sharp action, as this game’s total initially opened at 46.5.
When you include the postseason, the Falcons went 11-7 straight-up (SU) in 2017 while the Eagles performed better with a 16-3 SU record last season. When playing against in-conference opponents, the Falcons were 9-3 SU and the Eagles were 10-2 SU versus National Football Conference squads. The Falcons finished 1-3 SU against non-conference teams while the Eagles were 3-1 SU against non-conference teams.
Against National Football Conference foes, the Eagles offense recorded 28.4 points per game by averaging 250 passing yards and 127 rush yards. The Eagles defense gave up 21.0 PPG to non-conference foes and 17.6 PPG to teams in conference.
The Falcons, on the other hand, scored an average of 23.9 points and allowed an average of 19.1 points versus NFC teams. Offensively, they produced 264 pass yards per game and 112 rush yards per game
The Eagles should hold an advantage in terms of efficiency in the ground game. Their backfield produced 4.5 yards per carry last season while their defense held opponents to a YPC of 3.8. The Falcons ran for 4.3 yards per carry last year while allowing 4.1 yards per rush attempt to opponents..
When these two teams met a year ago, Philadelphia emerged victorious by a score of 15-10.
NFL Pick: Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles
SU Winner – Falcons, ATS Winner – Falcons, O/U – Under
Team Betting Notes
The Falcons created 12 rushing touchdowns last season.
The Eagles put up nine rushing touchdowns last season.
The Falcons offensive line gave up 24 sacks last season. Their defense created 39 sacks.
Philadelphia quarterbacks were sacked 36 times last season. Their defense logged 38 sacks
The Falcons recorded 21 passing touchdowns last season.
The Eagles produced 38 passing touchdowns last season.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019