143rd Preakness Opening Betitng Odds
Odds look pretty good that we may see just the second horse in the last 40 years, win the Triple Crown in 2018. The Preakness is the second race of the Triple Crown and will be held on May 19th at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore Maryland. Justify, off his win at the Kentucky Derby is the favorite, both in the public opinion and by the oddsmakers at odds of +150, to win the Preakness. Most sources in the know, think he will also win the Belmont Stakes to take home one of the biggest victories in all of sports.
Justify won the first leg of the Triple Crown, the Kentucky Derby, easily by 2½ lengths for his fourth career victory. Justify is a three-year-old colt who did not race as a two year old, making him the first horse since 1882 to win the Kentucky Derby after not racing as a two-year-old. But Justify is trained by Bob Baffert who is the best in the business, and he is also the trainer of the last Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah in 2015. Baffert will surely have Justify in peak physical condition before traveling to Maryland for the Preakness, but since Pimlico Race Course is a shorter track than Churchill Downs, Justify could take the win, even if he’s not at 100%.
Kentucky Derby vs The Preakness
On a shorter race track Justify should jump out of the gate and stay in front with the lead for the entire race. Since Justify didn’t race as a two-year-old, there’s not a lot of mileage on him as a racehorse, but with four races under his belt since January, fatigue is a concern. The Preakness comes just two weeks after the Kentucky Derby, and then with the Belmont Stakes a few short weeks later, many are concerned about Justify’s ability to perform at the top for 6 races in a 5 month stretch.
Current Early Odds
Good Magic +650
Magnum Moon +1400
My Boy Jack+2500
Noble Indy +3300
Odds Courtesy of BetDSI Sportsbook
Keep an eye here for the confirmed field and odds for the Preakness by subscribing to our channel
Also Click over now to BetDSI.eu to check out all the horse racing odds on the board, and don’t miss out on any of the excitement of the Triple Crown, including the Preakness and The Belmont Stakes
Take advantage of getting more than double your money if you open an account today, with a 100% deposit bonus just to try Horse Betting on the site. Join the action with a few fun wagers at BetDSI.eu, because it’s only a game, until you bet it!
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan: Episode 40: The Sneaky Good Brooklyn Nets - January 12, 2019
- 2018 Rose Bowl Game Preview & SmartBET - December 31, 2018
- Kick Off The New Year With The 2019 Fiesta Bowl Free Pick & SmartBET - December 30, 2018
- Liberty Bowl Free Pick and SmartBET For Dec 31, 2018 - December 30, 2018
- Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs predicts the 2018 PGA RBC Canadian Open Championship - July 25, 2018
- British Open Championship preview with former PGA Tour player Clark Burroughs - July 17, 2018
- 2018 NBA Draft Prop Bets - June 20, 2018
- The Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs talks US Open Picks, Odds, and Predictions - June 13, 2018
- 2018 Indianapolis 500 Race Preview | Betting Odds | Highlights | Picks & Predictions - May 25, 2018
- 2018 Belmont Stakes – Top Horses & Opening Betting Odds - May 22, 2018