It will be a battle between MAC opponents when the Ohio Bobcats (11-11, 3-7 MAC) welcome the Eastern Michigan Eagles (10-13, 4-6 MAC) to the Convocation Center. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats ATS Prediction
The last time the Eagles played, they topped the Northern Illinois Huskies, 57-49. The Eagles held the Huskies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.357 (below their season average of 0.544). The Huskies also had a turnover percentage of 22.7 (above their season average of 15.9). With 23 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Paul Jackson was the top scorer from either team.
The Bobcats got blown out by the Miami (OH) RedHawks in their last matchup, 79-59. One of Miami (OH)’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 31 trips to the line, while Ohio went 21 times. Ohio’s Jason Carter recorded 16 points and six rebounds in the game.
Points at the line could be hard to come by for Ohio in this contest. The Bobcats currently rank 270th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.206, while Eastern Michigan ranks 49th in FTA rate allowed (0.191). Also, the Eagles rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 percent), while the Bobcats rank 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.6 percent).
After the Bobcats won the sole game against the Eagles last season, 72-66, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bobcats had a much better free throw rate (0.340 vs. 0.231) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.596 vs. 0.519).
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Under
Eastern Michigan averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 56th in the country. Ohio ranks 213th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
The Bobcats average 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 125th in the nation. The Eagles rank 248th in assists allowed per game (16.7).
Ohio averages 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. Eastern Michigan ranks 143rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
The Bobcats rank 168th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9) while the Eagles rank 239th (25.0).
Eastern Michigan ranks 26th in blocks per game (4.6) while Ohio ranks 74th (3.8).
The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, up from 0.3 for the season.
During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019