The Penn State Nittany Lions (8-15, 1-11 Big 10) welcome the No. 7 Michigan Wolverines (22-2, 11-2 Big 10) to Bryce Jordan Center as they look to put an end to their five-game home losing streak. The game begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Michigan Wolverines vs. Penn State Nittany Lions Betting Prediction
In the Wolverines’ last game, they beat the No. 19 Wisconsin Badgers, 61-52. The Wolverines were 7-9 from the foul line (77.8 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 12.7). Michigan was led by Jon Teske, who contributed 17 points and 12 rebounds.
The Nittany Lions were beaten by the Ohio State Buckeyes in their last contest, 74-70. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Ohio State’s largest advantages. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Penn State had 18. With 20 points and 12 rebounds, Lamar Stevens put together a good game for Penn State.
This will be the second game of the season between these two squads. Mike Watkins scored a game-high 19 points in the first game, in which the Nittany Lions lost 68-55. The Wolverines had a much better free throw rate (0.236 vs. 0.105) and had a much better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 22.8).
The ineffective offense of Penn State will square off against the top-notch defense of Michigan. The Nittany Lions rank 284th in offensive efficiency, while the Wolverines are second in defensive efficiency. The Wolverines figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Michigan Wolverines vs. Penn State Nittany Lions Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Under
Michigan ranks first in steals allowed per game (3.7) while Penn State ranks 153rd (6.8).
The Wolverines rank 42nd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Nittany Lions rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
Michigan ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (9.6) while Penn State ranks 81st (12.3).
The Wolverines allow the fewest three pointers per game (15.9) while the Nittany Lions rank 27th (19.0).
Michigan averages 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 137th in the country. Penn State ranks 144th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 13.6 for the season.
During their last five games, the Nittany Lions have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019