The No. 21 LSU Tigers (19-4, 9-1 SEC) head to Kentucky to take on the No. 5 Wildcats (20-3, 9-1 SEC) in a matchup that pits outstanding offense against superb defense. The game will air on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Prediction
In the Tigers’ last contest, they topped the Auburn Tigers, 83-78. LSU had a much better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 23.5) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 (above their season average of 36.8). Tremont Waters had a good game for LSU, recording 19 points and 10 assists.
The Wildcats were victorious over the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last outing, 71-67. The Wildcats held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 35.4) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.535 vs. 0.500). PJ Washington was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-13 shooting from the field.
After the Wildcats won the lone contest against the Tigers last season, 74-71, these teams will go head-to-head for the first time this year. The Wildcats had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.492) and had a better free throw rate (0.115 vs. 0.108).
Both teams have had a player step their game up over their last five games. Waters (23 points,5.0 assists,3.4 steals) has been stellar for the Tigers while Washington (20 points,9.6 rebounds,1.4 blocks,1.2 steals) has contributed greatly to the Wildcats.
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the country’s best offenses go head-to-head. Kentucky ranks 18th with 114.9 points per 100 possessions and LSU is 25th (114.0). Additionally, the Tigers rank 13th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.302), while the Wildcats rank 29th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.181).
LSU at Kentucky Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Over
LSU ranks 183rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Kentucky ranks 288th (17.3).
The Tigers rank fifth in steals per game (9.8) while the Wildcats rank 92nd (6.7).
LSU averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 26th in the country. Kentucky ranks 85th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
The Wildcats rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.2) while the Tigers rank 64th (32.9).
Kentucky ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (11.0) while LSU ranks 46th (11.5).
The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 10.0 for the season.
During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.8 points per game (8.4 below their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019