The Davidson Wildcats (17-6, 8-2 A10) and the Fordham Rams (10-13, 1-9 A10), who both like to play patient, will face off at Rose Hill Gym. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Prediction
In the Wildcats’ last matchup, they were defeated by the Massachusetts Minutemen, 54-51. Massachusetts won the rebounding battle. The Minutemen had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. five), defensive rebounds (23 vs. 22) and total rebounds (36 vs. 27). Jon Axel Gudmundsson was Davidson’s high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-12 shooting.
The Rams lost to the Duquesne Dukes in their last contest, 74-66. Duquesne’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Fordham. The Dukes had a rate of 0.315 (above their season average of 0.246), while the Rams posted a mark of 0.118 (below their season average of 0.171). Nick Honor had a good performance for Fordham, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-20 shooting.
After the Wildcats won both matchups against the Rams last season, these teams will go head-to-head for the first time this year. In the last game, Davidson won 76-52. The Wildcats had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 16.7) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.744 vs. 0.398).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. Fordham ranks 312th in possessions per game (66.6) and Davidson is 315th (66.4).
Davidson vs. Fordham Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Under
Fordham ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Davidson ranks 239th (25.0).
The Wildcats rank 90th in assists per game (14.4) while the Rams rank 161st in assists allowed per game (13.7).
Davidson ranks 181st in rebounds per game (34.8) while Fordham ranks 240th (33.1).
The Wildcats rank 18th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Rams rank 46th (5.4).
Davidson and Fordham rank fifth in blocks allows per game (2.0).
The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 6.0 for the season.
During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (7.1 above their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019