Antonio Brown is now listed day-to-day after visiting a foot specialist over blistering and peeling on his feet. This is good news, as it means this is a solvable problem for Brown and he should be able to suit up for the Oakland Raiders soon.
After seeing a foot specialist yesterday because of the issues that have kept him off the practice field, #Raiders WR Antonio Brown is considered day-to-day, source said. That was the expectation, but still positive.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 4, 2019
While Brown still can’t practice, much to head coach Jon Gruden’s chagrin, he should still be on track to play in the regular season. That’s all that should matter to the Raiders and to Gruden.
Texans cut D’Onta Foreman
After missing nearly all of last season with a torn Achilles, former third round pick D’Onta Foreman’s time with the Houston Texans has come to an end. Sunday, Houston cut the former Texas running back. As a rookie in 2017, Foreman played in 10 games, started one and rushed 78 times for 327 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 4.2 yards per carry.
— Evan Silva (@evansilva) August 4, 2019
It wasn’t just his recent injury history that cost Foreman a job, but apparently his work habits were sub par and he’d shown up late to meetings. Unless you’re a star veteran or high draft pick, that’s never going to keep you on a team.
The Texans were once loaded with running back talent. After starter Lamar Miller, they had Foreman and Alfred Blue, who defected to the Jacksonville Jaguars this offseason. With Foreman gone, the back up role is up for grabs between Taiwan Jones and seventh round draft choice Cullen Gillaspia out of Texas A&M.
Don’t be surprised to see them work the waiver wire and maybe bring in a free agent or two.
- The New Orleans Saints added running back Jacquizz Rodgers and cut running back Rob Kelley.
- Cornerback Tarvarus McFadden was picked up by the Detroit Lions. The team also actived Darius Kilgo from the Non-Football Injury list.
- Roc Thomas didn’t stay out of work for long. Sunday, the Jacksonville Jaguars added the running back on a free agent deal.
- After linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill went down with an MCL sprain, the Philadelphia Eagles signed free agent linebacker Asantay Brown. They cut cornerback Alex Brown to make room.
- The New York Jets signed tight end Nick Truesdell and safety Godwin Igwebuike. They waived offensive lineman Tyler Jones and cornerback Jeremy Clark.