It turns out there was no real contract impasse between the Seattle Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson at all. Tuesday, it was reported that Wilson and the Seahawks agreed on a four-year, $140 million extension with a $65 million signing bonus that will make Wilson the highest paid player in the NFL.
Full details for the #Seahawks and QB Russell Wilson: 4 new years, $140M. $65M to sign. Total guarantee: $107M. A no-trade clause. … Now, Wilson is under contract for 5 years and $157M. And staying in Seattle.💰💰💰
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 16, 2019
Todd Gurley’s knee drama continues
There was little question during the Los Angeles Rams’ Super Bowl run that star running back Todd Gurley was dealing with some serious knee issues. Those issues have plagued him and the team all offseason and, by all indications, he’s nowhere near 100 percent.
Todd Gurley says his knee is “feeling pretty good.” Not worried about any lingering effects of injury that caused him to miss 2 games last season, focused on making sure he’s best shape possible for week 1. Lot of rest part of healing process in the early part of this offseason.
— Omar Ruiz (@OmarDRuiz) April 15, 2019
Travis Frederick working out with Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys star center Travis Frederick is participating in the team’s offseason workouts after missing all of the 2018 season with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
#Cowboys center Travis Frederick continues to make progress in his rehabilitation from Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
In fact, he was present today as the Cowboys opened up their offseason program, and participated fully as they started their strength and conditioning work.
— Mike Leslie (@MikeLeslieWFAA) April 16, 2019
NFL will release full 2019 schedule Wednesday
We’re a day away from the full unveiling of the 2019 NFL Schedule. Each team already knows its opponents based on their records last season. The schedule release will put actual dates and locations with the games.
— NFL345 (@NFL345) April 16, 2019
- Bills Add Yeldon, Stafford’s Wife Home and More - April 22, 2019
- Seahawks Want First Rounder for Clark, Watson Might Return and More - April 21, 2019
- Jackson Working at Safety, Goff and Rams Not Talking Contract and More - April 20, 2019
- Bryce Love’s Knee, Falcons Sign Hageman and More - April 19, 2019
- Redskins and Ioannids Reach Extension, NFL Schedule is Official and More - April 18, 2019
- Final Pre-Draft Visits, AAF Files for Bankruptcy and More - April 17, 2019
- Russell Wilson Gets Record Deal, Gurley Knee Update and More - April 16, 2019
- Carson Wentz Still Hurt, Wilson and Seahawks Talk Contract - April 15, 2019
- Falcons Sign Davison, Allen and Fant Take Rookie Visits and More - April 14, 2019
- Eagles Cornerback Arrested, Patriots Re-Sign Chung and More - April 13, 2019