Episode 10 of the Sports Betting Tips podcast, featuring veteran NBA journalist Chris Sheridan and SiriusXM host Noah Coslov, is now available on podcast platforms. In this episode, our hosts debate NBA win total over/unders.
BetDSI pegs the Knicks at 32.5, and shark money is currently wagering on the under — a trend with which Noah agrees.
“When Kristaps Porzingis isn’t healthy and there’s a thought that he might not be able to play the entire year, I don’t know where they’re going to be getting much of anything,” Noah said.
Chris shared that new Knicks coach David Fizdale recently visited Latvia to meet with Porzingis and his family, the first time any Knicks executive had done so since 2016.
Noah likes the over, however, for the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Thunder’s magic number as it stands is 46.5, and OKC won 48 games this past season.
“Now that Carmelo’s not there and Paul George is comfortable there, I think that relationship means a lot, and it means more than 47 wins,” Noah said.
Chris agreed and lauded general manager Sam Presti’s efforts this summer, though the Thunder have the highest payroll in the league. He said most around the league expect 50-55 wins from the Thunder.
“It’s going to be interesting to see how they use (Dennis Schröder),” Chris explained. “They can use him in a two-guard lineup with Russell Westbrook.”
That possibility, however, depends largely on the health of Andre Roberson.
Sixers at 53.5
BetDSI has pegged the Philadelphia 76ers at 53.5, with square money currently coming in.
“I’m kind of surprised with the number at 53.5 that this is considered square money with people going over,” Chris said.
Noah agreed, saying he views Philly as the third-best team in the East behind Toronto and Boston. Furthermore, he expects Milwaukee and Indiana to improve.
“The team on paper is really good, but they had to win 16 games to close the season to get to 52 wins,” Noah added.
Additionally, it’s important to note that Ersan Ilyasova and Marco Belinelli have moved on to new teams.
“I would stay off this bet,” Chris said, adding that “the big monkey wrench” in the East is Kawhi Leonard in Toronto.
The podcast also features talk of the San Antonio Spurs (44.5), the Los Angeles Lakers (50.5), LeBron James, and the loaded Western Conference. Listen to the full episode by hitting play above, and be sure to subscribe on your podcast platform of choice.
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 13: NBA Christmas Game Odds - August 13, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 10: NBA Over/Unders - August 6, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 9: Coach Bobby Gonzalez on World Cup/Olympics/China Basketball - August 1, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 8: An NBA Team in Vegas? - August 1, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 7: Paul George’s Leg Drama - July 27, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 5: Kawhi Leonard To The Knicks? - July 14, 2018
- The Rockets Reportedly Made Clint Capela A Monster Offer - July 12, 2018
- Here’s How Rob Pelinka Learned LeBron Was Signing With The Lakers - July 11, 2018
- Kyrie Irving’s Injury In 2015 Playoffs Reportedly Annoyed LeBron ‘To No End’ - July 10, 2018
- Celtics Rookie Robert Williams Has Rare Artery Condition In Legs - July 10, 2018