Episode 20 of the Sports Betting Tips podcast, featuring veteran NBA journalist Chris Sheridan, is now available. In this week’s episode, Chris speaks with Brandon “Scoop B” Robinson of Basketball Society.
Listen to the full conversation here:
This episode is sponsored by BetDSI Sportsbook, which is now open to the U.S. market. Use promo code BBALL1000 for a free $25 wager. BetDSI will also match up to $1,000.
Anthony Davis’ Future
Speculation is rampant that Anthony Davis wants out of New Orleans. He is under contract through 2021, but the Pelicans may opt to trade the Brow.
Scoop, who recently reported that Kevin Durant plans to join LeBron James on the Lakers in 2019, said he has also heard from a source that the Lakers have their sights set on Davis.
“It’s no coincidence that you have a situation where Anthony Davis did sign with Klutch (Sports),” Scoop explained.
BetDSI currently has odds for Davis’ team in the 2019-20 season, and the Celtics (+100) lead the pack. Then come the Lakers (+150), Pelicans (+600), and the Knicks and 76ers (+800). The field is +400.
Potential Flurry of Transactions
Davis isn’t the only star who may be on the move in the next year. Chris and Scoop also discussed Jimmy Butler, who reportedly wants to be traded from Minnesota to a major market.
Scoop said that for Butler, “the Clippers are a team of intrigue.” A source told Scoop that Butler would happily re-sign with the Clippers.
The next year — and especially the summer of 2019 — should be filled with fascinating transactions.
“If we thought 2018 was a summer to remember, man oh man, I can’t wait to call Orville Redenbacher and buy some popcorn,” Scoop said. “You’re gonna need some popcorn.”
The Lakers are in position to make a run at a star or two — maybe Durant, Davis, Kawhi Leonard, or Klay Thompson? — but Scoop will be paying close attention to Brandon Ingram’s development this season.
“Brandon Ingram is a special talent,” Scoop said. “He is right now what Kevin Durant would be on that team — a Kevin Durant Lite, if you will.”
Scoop also weighed in on the MVP odds. BetDSI has Davis and Milwaukee Giannis Antetokounmpo as co-favorites at 3-1.
Scoop likes the Greek Freak, as well as LeBron and reigning MVP James Harden. But he also likes a longshot — Boston’s Kyrie Irving, who has only 40-1 odds.
Listen to the full episode by hitting play above, and be sure to subscribe to Get More Sports’ podcast Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan on your platform of choice.
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 21: Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson - October 8, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 20: David Griffin - October 4, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 19: Rick Pitino - October 4, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 18: EuroLeague Betting Odds - September 14, 2018
- Chris Gronkowski Joins “Toucher & Rich” to Discuss Life Growing Up, Rob’s Future - September 12, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 17: Marq’d Men On Milwaukee Bucks - September 11, 2018
- Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf on Life as the Original Kaepernick: ‘It’s The Height of Oppression’ - August 28, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 16: Tommy Sheppard on Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf - August 28, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 15: The Knicks’ Present & Future - August 20, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 14: The Isaiah Austin Case - August 17, 2018