The Boston Red Sox will be taking on the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series. The visiting Red Sox currently own a commanding 3-1 series lead, and this matchup will be nationally televised on Fox. The game gets underway 8:15 p.m. ET.
Boston Red Sox at Los Angeles Dodgers Odds
Chris Sale will get the start for the visiting Red Sox. The southpaw Sale is 12-4 with a 2.11 ERA and 237 strikeouts. He has yet to face the Dodgers this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Dodgers are turning to lefty Clayton Kershaw (9-5, 2.73 ERA), who has 155 punchouts and 29 walks to his credit as well as a 1.04 WHIP. Kershaw did not record a start against the Red Sox in 2017.
Fueled by a team slash line of .241/.333/.382, the Red Sox have produced 6.1 runs per game through 13 postseason games. The Dodgers are hitting .211/.307/.348 over 15 games and the team has managed 3.9 runs during the 2018 playoffs.
The Dodgers bullpen has registered an ERA of 2.73 and a WHIP of 1.13 this postseason, while Red Sox relievers have a 2.80 ERA and 1.21 WHIP.
Boston’s offense has been led by J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts, who’ve collectively blasted 77 home runs. Martinez is slashing .327/.402/.616 with 45 home runs, 143 RBIs and 116 runs scored, while Betts (.332/.425/.604) has produced 32 homers, 83 RBIs, 141 runs and 31 stolen bases.
The Dodgers’ batters have been led by first baseman Cody Bellinger and right fielder Chris Taylor. Bellinger is slashing .248/.331/.447 with 26 home runs, 80 RBIs, 89 runs and 18 steals, and Taylor’s line is .257/.337/.445 with 18 homers, 66 RBIs and 91 runs.
The Red Sox are looking for another victory after a 9-6 win in Game 4 of this series.
Boston Red Sox at Los Angeles Dodgers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
Boston has recorded 15 extra-base hits over its last five contests. Los Angeles has 12 XBH over its last five.
The Red Sox have won seven of their last eight games SU.
Los Angeles has recorded 18.5 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 20.4 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit 10 home runs in their last 10 games, including six over their last five.
The Red Sox have a total OPS of .789 this season and an OPS of .682 against left-handed pitchers. The Dodgers’ OPS sits at .766 overall and .642 against lefties.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019