It would be an understatement to say the Boston Celtics surpassed expectations in the postseason. Despite the team lacking its two best players, the Celtics built a 3-2 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals. Though Cleveland scrapped back to advance to the NBA Finals, the Celtics left their fans with a lot of hope.
Despite the team’s success, many have speculated Boston will make more changes this offseason. With Marcus Smart having the opportunity to move on and Terry Rozier only one year from the expiration of his bargain deal, their names have repeatedly popped up in conversations.
It seemed all but certain that Boston would move on from at least one of those two guys. But not so fast. A new report indicates the Celtics are hopeful they will be able to bring both Smart and Rozier back to Beantown.
“A team source said the Celtics want to bring back Marcus Smart and keep Terry Rozier for added depth and being a fully loaded roster next season,” reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Washburn adds that the team is likely to move on from unrestricted free agent Greg Monroe. He also reports the team will likely attempt to hold onto Aron Baynes, but could be outbid.
Rozier knows his role will diminish with Kyrie Irving’s return, but he seems excited for next season.
“I’m already ready for what’s next,” Rozier said. “Coming back next year is going to be a lot of fun, a lot of fun practices, a fun training camp. I’ll never go back and step on someone’s toes but I’m going to challenge [Irving] every day. I’m going to pick his brain every day. I’m looking to make him work and I know he’s going to make me work.”
While Boston looks ahead to next season, the Cavaliers are hopeful they’ll be able to climb back in the NBA Finals. Golden State currently holds a 2-0 lead after an impressive Game 2 beatdown.
Game 3 is set for Wednesday at 9 p.m. EST in Cleveland. Catch the action on ABC.
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018