The second week of the CFL regular season will kick off on Thursday. This week’s bye goes to the British Columbia Lions, who defeated Montreal 22-10 in Week 1. Here’s a look at the games and the betting odds, which are provided by BetDSI.
Saskatchewan Roughriders @ Ottawa RedBlacks
Odds: RedBlacks -2.5
The Roughriders (1-0) rode their defense to a 27-19 win over Toronto at home in their season opener. Quarterback Zach Collaros was 18-of-25 for 203 yards and a touchdown in his Saskatchewan debut, but defensive end Charleston Hughes might have had a better debut with three sacks. The RedBlacks (0-0) are making their season debut and they will have quarterback Trevor Harris ready to go. Harris suffered a leg injury in the preseason, so the RedBlacks held him out as a precaution. The Roughriders are 6-3 SU and 4-5 ATS in nine meetings with the RedBlacks, with six games coming in over the posted total. Take Saskatchewan’s defense to keep rolling.
Pick: Roughriders +2.5
Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Montreal Alouettes
Odds: Blue Bombers -2
The Blue Bombers (0-1) fell just short in a 33-30 loss in Edmonton. Chris Streveler played decent in place of the injured Matt Nichols, going 15-of-28 for 178 yards and three touchdowns. However, he was picked off twice and has to be more careful with the ball. The Alouettes (0-1) lost 22-10 in British Columbia, and as was expected, offense could be a problem for them this season. Drew Willy was 25-of-35 for 281 yards, a touchdown and an interception, but he was also sacked five times. The Blue Bombers are 8-2 SU and 6-3-1 ATS in their last ten meetings with the Alouettes, with six games going over the total. The Alouettes will not be able to score enough to keep up.
Pick: Blue Bombers -2
Hamilton Tiger-Cats @ Edmonton Eskimos
Odds: Edmonton -7
The Tiger-Cats (0-1) gave up 19 fourth-quarter points in a 28-14 loss in Calgary Jeremiah Masoli was 25-of-36 for 344 yards and he ran for a touchdown, but he failed to pass for one and also threw an interception. The Eskimos (1-0) had to come back to beat Winnipeg as Mike Reilly went 32-of-46 for 408 yards, a touchdown and a pick. The reigning Most Outstanding Player also ran in two touchdowns for Edmonton, who have the talent to be a real Grey Cup contender. The Eskimos are 6-4 SU and 3-6-1 ATS in their last ten against the Tiger-Cats, with half the games finishing under the total. The Eskimos will be more focused at home.
Pick: Eskimos -7
Calgary Stampeders @ Toronto Argonauts
Odds: Stampeders -3.5
The Stampeders (1-0) had to rally to beat Hamilton, as Bo-Levi Mitchell was 17-of-36 for 297 yards, a touchdown and an interception. The Argonauts (0-1) could not get going until late as Ricky Ray was 22-of-37 for 233 yards and a pick, but the offense has to be much better early in the game. The Stampeders will be up for this Grey Cup rematch, and they are 8-2 SU in their last ten against the Argonauts, who are 4-6 ATS. Six of the games have come in under the posted total. The Stampeders might have been looking past Hamilton to this game, and they will be fired up.
Pick: Stampeders -3.5
- NBA Betting: 3-Point Contest Odds and Pick - February 13, 2019
- The Best Bets To Win The Genesis Open - February 12, 2019
- Which backcourt scores more? Curry-Thompson vs. McCollum-Lillard - February 12, 2019
- The Best Bets To Win The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am - February 6, 2019
- LeBron James vs. Kyrie Irving: Who will score more points? - February 6, 2019
- AAF Betting Odds: 2019 Regular Season Win Totals - February 5, 2019
- NBA Betting: How many threes will Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant make? - February 5, 2019
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan: Episode 47 Marc Gasol and Mike Conley Jr. are on the trading block - February 3, 2019
- Super Bowl MVP: Odds, Analysis and Pick - February 3, 2019
- The Gronkcast: Inside the NFL Episode 26 - February 1, 2019