Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers Odds
Minnesota (-145) is entering this game as the favorite over Detroit (+135) and Vegas has the Over/Under for this one at 8.5 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -110 for both the over and the under. Runline odds sit at +100 for betting the Twins -1.5 runs and -120 for the Tigers +1.5.
The Twins are 29-34 SU and are 36-26 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 8.4 units for moneyline bettors, despite having gained 8.7 units ATS. The Tigers, on the other hand, are 31-37 SU and 37-30 ATS. The team has gained 6.0 units for moneyline bettors and 3.0 units ATS.
Tigers games have a 28-37-2 over/under record so far in 2018. The Twins have an over/under record of 28-32-2.
The right-handed Jose Berrios is projected to start for the visiting Twinkies. Berrios is 7-5 with a 3.66 ERA and 84 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with nine strikeouts and a 2.25 ERA against Detroit this year (two starts).
The Tigers are turning to lefty Matthew Boyd (4-4, 3.20 ERA), who has 54 punchouts and 26 walks to his credit as well as a 1.09 WHIP. Boyd is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA over one starts against Minnesota this year.
As a unit, Detroit’s pitching staff has given up 4.6 runs per game overall this season. Its starters have a 4.23 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 8.2 K/9. In 30 games against AL Central opponents, Tigers starters have an ERA of 3.75 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.46.
Detroit’s hitters are putting up 4.2 runs per outing, including 3.5 per game against divisional foes and 3.6 per game over their last five. The team has a slash-line of .214/.274/.341 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Tigers’ offense has been led by Nicholas Castellanos, who is hitting .316/.357/.489 with six home runs, 34 RBIs and 32 runs scored.
For the visiting squad, Minnesota’s pitching staff allowed 4.4 runs per game and its starters own a 4.22 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 8.88 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.08, along with a WHIP of 1.30.
Twins hitters have slashed .241/.316/.406 on their way to 4.3 runs scored per game this year, including 5.0 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Eddie Rosario has led Minnesota’s offense. Rosario is slashing .312/.351/.552 with 14 home runs, 43 RBIs and 42 runs scored.
The Twins are coming off a 6-4 victory in the prior game of this series.
Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Twins, ATS Winner – Twins, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in five of Minnesota’s last seven games.
The Twins have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games, including seven over their last five.
Detroit has posted 16.9 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 19.2 over its last five.
The Tigers have lost three of their last four games SU.
- New Mexico Lobos at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Ole Miss Rebels vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats at Butler Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Texas A&M Aggies at Florida Gators Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Mississippi State Bulldogs at Kentucky Wildcats Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Buffalo Bulls at Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Indiana Hoosiers at Northwestern Wildcats Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019