Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers Odds
Minnesota (-145) is entering this game as the favorite over Detroit (+135) and Vegas has the Over/Under for this one at 8.5 runs. The odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at -110 for both the over and the under. Runline odds sit at +100 for betting the Twins -1.5 runs and -120 for the Tigers +1.5.
The Twins are 29-34 SU and are 36-26 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 8.4 units for moneyline bettors, despite having gained 8.7 units ATS. The Tigers, on the other hand, are 31-37 SU and 37-30 ATS. The team has gained 6.0 units for moneyline bettors and 3.0 units ATS.
Tigers games have a 28-37-2 over/under record so far in 2018. The Twins have an over/under record of 28-32-2.
The right-handed Jose Berrios is projected to start for the visiting Twinkies. Berrios is 7-5 with a 3.66 ERA and 84 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with nine strikeouts and a 2.25 ERA against Detroit this year (two starts).
The Tigers are turning to lefty Matthew Boyd (4-4, 3.20 ERA), who has 54 punchouts and 26 walks to his credit as well as a 1.09 WHIP. Boyd is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA over one starts against Minnesota this year.
As a unit, Detroit’s pitching staff has given up 4.6 runs per game overall this season. Its starters have a 4.23 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 8.2 K/9. In 30 games against AL Central opponents, Tigers starters have an ERA of 3.75 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.46.
Detroit’s hitters are putting up 4.2 runs per outing, including 3.5 per game against divisional foes and 3.6 per game over their last five. The team has a slash-line of .214/.274/.341 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Tigers’ offense has been led by Nicholas Castellanos, who is hitting .316/.357/.489 with six home runs, 34 RBIs and 32 runs scored.
For the visiting squad, Minnesota’s pitching staff allowed 4.4 runs per game and its starters own a 4.22 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 8.88 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.08, along with a WHIP of 1.30.
Twins hitters have slashed .241/.316/.406 on their way to 4.3 runs scored per game this year, including 5.0 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Eddie Rosario has led Minnesota’s offense. Rosario is slashing .312/.351/.552 with 14 home runs, 43 RBIs and 42 runs scored.
The Twins are coming off a 6-4 victory in the prior game of this series.
Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Twins, ATS Winner – Twins, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in five of Minnesota’s last seven games.
The Twins have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games, including seven over their last five.
Detroit has posted 16.9 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 19.2 over its last five.
The Tigers have lost three of their last four games SU.
- NCAA Football Free ATS Betting Preview: Michigan Wolverines at Michigan State Spartans - October 19, 2018
- New York Knicks at Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Nashville Predators vs. Calgary Flames Free Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Minnesota Wild at Dallas Stars Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Florida Panthers vs. Washington Capitals Matchup 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Los Angeles Dodgers at Milwaukee Brewers Matchup 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Oregon Ducks at Washington State Cougars – NCAA Football Betting Preview - October 19, 2018
- Golden State Warriors vs. Utah Jazz Odds Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Orlando Magic Betting Preview 10/19/18 - October 19, 2018