When it comes to the NFL and the Super Bowl, there has been a longstanding tradition of dumping Gatorade on the head coach after picking up the illustrious win.
This year, at Super Bowl LIII, we have the Los Angeles Rams taking on the New England Patriots — a rematch of Super Bowl XXXVI, which took place nearly 17 years ago, when the Rams were in St. Louis.
While the Gatorade prop is always a fun one, it’s important to examine who we think will win the Super Bowl before placing our wager. Right now, the Patriots are a two-point favorite and I think they’ll come away with the win.
From a coaching perspective, we have the best offensive mind in the game, Sean McVay, going up the best all-around mind in the game, Bill Belichick.
The key to beating the Patriots is creating pressure, which the Rams can do. However, their offense, while great, will automatically have their top weapon taken away as that seems to be the Patriots forte. Also, Rams running back Todd Gurley seems to be essentially non-existent at this point, leaving fellow running back C.J. Anderson as the main back.
Back to the Gatorade.
BetDSI has the odds as follows:
- Clear/Water: +200
- Green/Yellow: +300
- Red: +400
- Orange: +500
- Blue: +750
- Purple: +1000
Related: Super Bowl Prop Betting
Considering my pick to win the game is the Patriots, let’s look back on their liquid history. In the five Super Bowls the Patriots have won they’ve dumped the following colors on Belichick — none, none, clear, blue, none.
The Patriots are a no nonsense kind of team. In fact, Tom Brady said in an interview a couple of years ago that he doesn’t drink Gatorade at all on the sidelines, but rather a drink filled with electrolytes, according to CBS Sports.
After winning a fairly close game, 23-20, the Patriots will celebrate, and it’d be a surprise to see nothing dumped on Belichick, but anything of color appears unlikely.
While Brady is drinking is electrolyte mixture, the rest of the team will be guzzling down good old fashioned water.
Take the +200 on clear/water.
- Super Bowl Gatorade Props: What color will be thrown on coach? - January 24, 2019
- Will Trace McSorley throw for 195 yards in the Citrus Bowl? - January 1, 2019
- WWE Betting: Survivor Series - November 15, 2018
- WWE Betting: Crown Jewel Preview - November 2, 2018
- WWE Betting Odds: Super Show Down - October 5, 2018
- MLB Betting Odds: Indians vs Astros Division Series - October 1, 2018
- NXT TakeOver: WarGames II - August 30, 2018
- The complete history of women in the WWE - August 10, 2018
- WWE Odds: Smackdown LIVE Recap – 7/10/18 - July 10, 2018
- WWE Odds: Monday Night RAW Recap – 7/9/18 - July 9, 2018